XF 1.1 Error message in javascript console...

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
I receive the following error message when trying to delete threads on forum display:

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Anyone know what causes such an issue? How can I fix it please?

Thanks ;)

J.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Do you have access to the js console in your browser? Is there a specific error?

Anything in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
Hmmm - I see a few a few javascript errors - it has to do with the Waindigo Conversation on Moderator Actions add-on as reported here.

Code:
[9/11/2012 2:49:37 AM] JavaScript - http://jpicforum.info/forums/news-announcements.6/
console.error
PHP <br />
<b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting ')' in <b>/home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ConvOnModAct/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.php</b> on line <b>24</b><br />
Upgrading php seems to fix the issue. But should this be necessary? I'm on a managed VPS running PHP version 5.2.16 - which apparently is a lot outdated.?! How would you recommend I proceed? Updating php?

Thanks Jake!

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
Well holy s**t! I just see XF recommends PHP: 5.2.4+ o_O
I ran the requirements script before installing and was given the go-ahead. How weird - so I suppose upgrading php will be recommended...

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
5.2.16 > 5.2.4

Your PHP version is good.

The error names the Waindigo/ConvOnModAct addon. Try disabling that addon.

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
ARG duh. I've been at it a bit too long - I'm feeling a bit delirious...
I did try disabling the add-on and poof! ==> Error gone.
I'm referencing post #31 and #32 here -- where Mutt says

I just updated. we'll see if that helps

PHP Version 5.3.14
mysql 5.5.25
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

updating php fixed it. thank you.
I just assume since he went from version 5.2 to 5.3 and it fixed the issue - that perhaps I should upgrade as well. I only ask because this functionality of sending PMs on moderated action is something I've championed for a while and want on my board.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
PHP 5.3 is probably better and it is stable.

5.4 on the other hand... there are some fans of it, but I've seen it cause incompatibility issues with some add-ons.