1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Error message in javascript console...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MsJacquiiC, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

I receive the following error message when trying to delete threads on forum display:

[​IMG]

Anyone know what causes such an issue? How can I fix it please?

Thanks ;)

J.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have access to the js console in your browser? Is there a specific error?

Anything in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

3. MsJacquiiC

Hmmm - I see a few a few javascript errors - it has to do with the Waindigo Conversation on Moderator Actions add-on as reported here.

Code:
    [9/11/2012 2:49:37 AM] JavaScript - http://jpicforum.info/forums/news-announcements.6/
    console.error
    PHP <br />
    <b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting ')' in <b>/home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ConvOnModAct/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.php</b> on line <b>24</b><br />
    Upgrading php seems to fix the issue. But should this be necessary? I'm on a managed VPS running PHP version 5.2.16 - which apparently is a lot outdated.?! How would you recommend I proceed? Updating php?

Thanks Jake!

4. MsJacquiiC

Well holy s**t! I just see XF recommends PHP: 5.2.4+ o_O
    I ran the requirements script before installing and was given the go-ahead. How weird - so I suppose upgrading php will be recommended...

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5.2.16 > 5.2.4

Your PHP version is good.

The error names the Waindigo/ConvOnModAct addon. Try disabling that addon.

6. MsJacquiiC

ARG duh. I've been at it a bit too long - I'm feeling a bit delirious...
    I did try disabling the add-on and poof! ==> Error gone.
    I'm referencing post #31 and #32 here -- where Mutt says

I just assume since he went from version 5.2 to 5.3 and it fixed the issue - that perhaps I should upgrade as well. I only ask because this functionality of sending PMs on moderated action is something I've championed for a while and want on my board.

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

PHP 5.3 is probably better and it is stable.

5.4 on the other hand... there are some fans of it, but I've seen it cause incompatibility issues with some add-ons.

MsJacquiiC likes this.
  8. MsJacquiiC

Just an update - I've since upgraded to PHP 5.3 and the error is gone :)

Chris D and Jake Bunce like this.