Not a bug Error in Console (XF.proxy is not a function)

John L.

Affected version
Hi Guys,

Having a weird issue popping up in my console since the update to 2.0.4. Has anyone else experienced this?

1521479748363.webp

Caching issues wouldn't usually happen because we update the JS cache buster with each upgrade. Unless you spotted this in the Admin CP before the upgrade happened...

Although I do see some odd attributes in your HTML source in that screenshot, so I wonder if there's some sort of caching / CDN layer involved?

Either way, can you remember what you were doing at the time?

Sure, I updated a few days ago and I guess I didn't pay much attention to the fact that the stats widget wasn't loading. It wasn't until I noticed the drop-down menu was not sliding per normal that I decided to check the console.

I am using LiteSpeed Cache and a CDN on this installation.

However, I figured this might have been a caching issue so I went to my CDN and purged it to be sure. Waited about 15 minutes and still had the same error. Which is why I thought it might be a bug.

I was merely installing an add-on upgrade for UI.X 2. Nothing beyond that!

Fair enough. I suspect we'd have had more reports of this if it was widespread, but do let us know if you come across it again. Thanks for letting us know :)

Hi @John L., did you discover what caused this? I'm having the same issue which is causing some problems.

I know it's not an issue with 2.0.4 though because I'm only on 2.0.2...

A bug caused it which was fixed after the release of 2.0.2. Tbh I don’t see a reason to stay on 2.0.2 seeing as 2.0.4 is available.

Top Bottom