XF 2.2 Error an exception occurred

You should be able to log in directly to /admin.php.

If not, add this to the src/config.php file: $config['enableListeners'] = false; .

Then you can disable/uninstall the add-on and remove that line.

so our forum went done due a host issue, the host sorted it out there end instructed me to do a fresh install, after doing the install that error message came up, so we can't install the site or get on the admin panel, I'm totally new to all this, so I'm sorry for all the questions

To do a fresh install of everything then you need to delete everything from the server, download xf from your customer area, upload to the server, then install. Your host provides software to access the server. Cpanel or other type of software. You can also use ftp software to access it.

To do a fresh install of everything then you need to delete everything from the server, download xf from your customer area, upload to the server, then install. Your host provides software to access the server. Cpanel or other type of software. You can also use ftp software to access it.
ok, so when i do a fresh install i wont have the add-on in there so then we wont have this issue right?

Why can't you just access admin panel and remove the addon? Do the procedure Brogan mentioned to access admin panel. If you do a fresh install you will lose all data, which you probably don't want to do.

Why can't you just access admin panel and remove the addon? Do the procedure Brogan mentioned to access admin panel. If you do a fresh install you will lose all data, which you probably don't want to do.

the error is stopping Xf from installing so i can access any thing, so i put that line of code in and then what do i do as i can't access anything

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-02 133334.webp
    Screenshot 2021-11-02 133334.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
I can't even access your main website. I'm getting a 403 error. I'm not sure if this is a server issue or because XF isn't even installed anymore or its corrupted. What exactly have you done up to this point? Have you removed all the files from the server? You said you added the text to the src config file so something is still there.

403 error.webp

I can't even access your main website. I'm getting a 403 error. I'm not sure if this is a server issue or because XF isn't even installed anymore or its corrupted. What exactly have you done up to this point? Have you removed all the files from the server? You said you added the text to the src config file so something is still there.

View attachment 259561
so ive installed everything with a fresh restart, ive tried putting the code into the config.php file and nothing loads, is there any thing else i can do? i just don't understand why it would work and got it set up for 2 days then it broke and now it wont sort it self out, i really appreciatethe help though thankk you

As I said, if you did a fresh install then no files would be there to interfere when installing Xenforo fresh from scratch. So who know what you have actually done. You may need to create a ticket in your customer area and have XF staff access your site to see what exactly is going on.

As I said, if you did a fresh install then no files would be there to interfere when installing Xenforo fresh from scratch. So who know what you have actually done. You may need to create a ticket in your customer area and have XF staff access your site to see what exactly is going on.
ok thanks, ill do that now

Top Bottom