XF 1.2 error after upgrading to 1.2.1

zadow

I upgraded from 1.1.3 it said i went succecfull

But now i get this error when going to my forum

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'gravecrm_techbliss.xf_permission_cache_content_type' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in Tapatalk/Model/Node.php at line 23
    Tapatalk_Model_Node->getNodePermissionsForPermissionCombination() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 752
    XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 40
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gravecrm/public_html/index.php at line 13

Nothing works after upgrading.Any idea what it can be?

i took an full backup via cpanel before upgrading(home folder + mysql).
When restoring it still says xenforo 1.2.1, shall i delete my database and then restore ?

I assume you're trying to restore to 1.1...

If you're restoring your file backup and it still says 1.2.1, I'd be very concerned that the backup isn't complete. Just to be sure, you should probably move all of the old files (rename the directory) and then restore the new ones (make sure ownership/permissions are maintained). I'd do a similar process for the database as well.

well the database i intact. But my isp says its beacuse its my database(sql) user dosent have the permission to the xenforo files after upgrading.since the user in cpanel isent the same as the original install, isp cant restore database users.

thats why i get this error
Code:
Access denied for user '*****_******'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 567
XenForo_Application->loadDb()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 794
XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 824
XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1117
XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 166
XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gravecrm/public_html/install/index.php at line 18

Is there an way i can do an full install of xenforo and then import just users and post to the fresh install

Is there an way i can do an full install of xenforo and then import just users and post to the fresh install
I'm totally lost as to what you're trying to do now (and why), but no you can't really do that. If both forums are running 1.2, you can use the importer but I don't recommend "cleaning" an install like that.

The error you're demonstrating simply shows that the DB user/password is incorrect or that they don't have permission to the database -- all these details are specified in library/config.php. Strictly speaking, there's no reason these issues can't be resolved by using different values in config.php (if they're incorrect) or setting the necessary permissions in MySQL or cPanel. That error is not related to file permission at all. You'd need to contact your host about that though.

I think this error is when i install 1.1.3 i had an different password for my xenforo user (database password) during install.

in the meanwhile i have changed my databse users password in cpanel.
Now when upgrading those passwords dont correspond and im screwed since i dont remmeber the original one i used in 1.1.3.

:giggle: im back in buisness thanks for the help.

Im must say its temping to upgrade to newest version, but enoufgh screwup from me for one day.
luckelly i had cron jobb running in cpanel.for the database.
Code:
mysqldump -u user -ppassword databasename | gzip > /home/gravecrm/backups/name$(date +\%d-\%m-\%Y-\%T).sql.gz

Top Bottom