XF 1.2 Erase thousands of soft deleted threads

Donny

I've managed to soft delete around 170,000 spam messages via phpmyadmin using some code I found on here (thanks for that). Now I'd like to somebody fully erase the spam from the forum, as browsing for the moderators and admins is horrible.

Is there a way to do this?

If I understand correctly, the Batch Update Threads will hard delete threads only. Meaning unless post #1 was soft deleted it will remain after the Batch Update Threads.

What's going on with my site now is exactly what I want. I've not soft-deleted existing genuine threads. Just (what feels like millions) thousands of thread'-starters?'.

I'm still newish to Xen, old VB user. I'd looked for a good while trust me, so thanks for looking yourself.

If a thread is hard deleted it will also hard delete any posts within that thread.

Let me provide an example. Lets say you soft delete post #2 of a thread. If you run the Batch Update Threads tool and select soft deleted threads, it will not delete that thread because it's post #2.

Yeah that's fine don't worry about it. Don't go off topic here. You lads are required in actual threads that have actual issues still going on!
You're both good.

Pack it in! haha

Top Bottom