Lack of interest Entry form creates (dynamic) poll

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

BanicaTom

I participate in a very active forum (fantasy football) where a few forums get hammered with regular requests: "Who do I start this week" or "Which side of this trade do you like better". The problem is that in a given week, there might be 50 to 100 such requests. Even with many helpful members, it is impossible to expect much feedback. Why? To be very helpful, a user would have to click on 50 to 100 threads, read them and then offer feedback. Who is going to do that? NOT ME?!! :)

My proposed solution is two-fold:

1) a user entry form module. Customizable: textbox, textarea, radio buttons, check boxes, dropdowns
2) backend module that (instead of creating a new thread) would create/regenerate a (very) multi-pronged user poll.

Who do I start example:
Template:
-- PPR (radio buttons)/Other textbox
-- Number of players to choose (textbox)
-- Player 1 (textbox)
-- Player 2 (textbox)
-- Player 3 (textbox)
-- etc
-- Comment (textbox)

Poll: Let's say that 3 members have already submitted (and the poll is already posted and open)
-- Member 4 clicks "Submit"

================================================== =
Member NewYorkFred: PPR=1; Choose 3 players
[checkbox] Player 1
[checkbox] Player 2
[checkbox] Player 3
[checkbox] Player 4

Member BanicaTom: PPR=1; Choose 2 players
[checkbox] Player 1
[checkbox] Player 2
[checkbox] Player 3
[checkbox] Player 4

Member LosAngelesLarry: PPR=1; Choose players
[checkbox] Player 1
[checkbox] Player 2
[checkbox] Player 3

Member AltantaJames: PPR=1; Choose 3 players
[checkbox] Player 1
[checkbox] Player 2
[checkbox] Player 3
[checkbox] Player 4

Which side of trade is better example:
Template:
-- PPR (radio buttons)/Other textbox
-- Special scoring (textarea)
-- Dynasty or Keeper (radio button)
-- Number of teams in league (textbox)
-- Team 1 gives players:
-- Player 1 (textbox)
-- Player 2 (textbox)
-- Player 3 (textbox)
-- etc
-- Team 2 gives players
-- Player 1 (textbox)
-- Player 2 (textbox)
-- Player 3 (textbox)
-- etc
-- Comment (textbox)

Poll: Let's say that 3 members have already submitted (and the poll is already posted and open)
-- Member 4 clicks "Submit"

================================================== =
Member NewYorkFred: PPR=1; 12 team Dynasty
[radio button] Team 1
[radio button] Team 2

Member BanicaTom: PPR=0; 10 team Redraft
[radio button] Team 1
[radio button] Team 2

Member LosAngelesLarry: PPR=1; 14 team Dynasty
[radio button] Team 1
[radio button] Team 2

Member AltantaJames: PPR=1; 12 team Redraft
[radio button] Team 1
[radio button] Team 2

Other considerations: -- Creation/regeneration: Immediate [also checking for other "same time" submissions] creation/reor at an admin specified time (every 5/10/15/etc minutes)
-- Allowing the generated poll to be posted within a forum as a "normal" thread as opposed to having to go to a separate area just for polls
-- keeping tabs of members' votes so that: they can see what they have voted on to this point and can vote on any new additions to the page.

This would allow members to simply go to one thread (instead of having to enter possibly 50 threads), scroll down and quickly vote on any/all items in one fell swoop. I am certain that this would result in many more results for each member with a question!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Snog has made a plugin that lets you create custom forms and polls, might be helpful. But I understand this is a xenforo suggestion.

Top Bottom