Implemented Ensure compliance as a Progressive Web App

Mouth

Ref: https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/

Progressive Web Apps

A new way to deliver amazing user experiences on the web.

PWA CHECKLIST

Progressive Web Apps are user experiences that have the reach of the web, and are:
  • Reliable - Load instantly and never show the downasaur, even in uncertain network conditions.
  • Fast - Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and no janky scrolling.
  • Engaging - Feel like a natural app on the device, with an immersive user experience.
This new level of quality allows Progressive Web Apps to earn a place on the user's home screen.

Upvote 40
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
My forums are PWA enabled by default https://community.centminmod.com/ just visiting and using the forums via normal web browser is via PWA service worker :).

Registered forum members can also opt to disable PWA via user preference option by checking box shown below. Unchecking the box, will re-enable PWA.

View attachment 190279

Install native app manually via Chrome menu, you will see Install Centmin Mod Community Forums link. On Windows 10, that will install native icon app link on your desktop and via Android will be on home screen.

View attachment 190280

Could you explain how you archived that? :P

I found that topic already before :p

I tried the PWABuilder now, I made a basic Manifest half was generated already, and then i chose for basic testing as Service Worker :
Offline copy of pages
A solution that expands the offline capabilities of your app. A copy of each pages is stored in the cache as your visitors view them. This allows a visitor to load any previously viewed page while they are offline.

Now i got a serviceworker-sw.zip with to files, pwabuilder-sw.js and pwabuilder-sw-register.js.
Just throwing those to into my root is enough?

Is workbox necessary, or only for optimisation?

PS.: You made it also for registers user as default, and a own setting/checkbox in user panel for disabling/enabling PWA, have you thought to make a commercial/non commercial public release of that?

Last edited: