Enhanced Pages [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
if there are more users who want to give all mods the perms, i'll include here in the next days a small add-on which will make this possible:)

if there are more users who want to give all mods the perms, i'll include here in the next days a small add-on which will make this possible:)

RagTek, sounds good - but I have to admit... The reason I need inline editing is because the users I want to make edits are not normal admins nor do they truly understand HTML. So if WYSIWYG could be incorporated - I'd be sold big time.

I don't understand the issue with why usergroup permissions cannot be introduced, just like most other mods have such features in their's. Xenmedio more example, I can change a permission under user groups on who can post comments, media, edit, etc.

If editing pages from the frontend, what is the specific issue that stops people being able to see or not see the comments field at the click of a button, when you have hard coded it into the mod already?

Which means if it can be done, why can't it be a usergroup permission selectable by all usergroups as each feature on or off?

I don't understand the issue with why usergroup permissions cannot be introduced, just like most other mods have such features in their's. Xenmedio more example, I can change a permission under user groups on who can post comments, media, edit, etc.

If editing pages from the frontend, what is the specific issue that stops people being able to see or not see the comments field at the click of a button, when you have hard coded it into the mod already?

Which means if it can be done, why can't it be a usergroup permission selectable by all usergroups as each feature on or off?
Did you read http://xenforo.com/community/threads/node-permissions.16475/ and http://xenforo.com/community/threads/enhanced-pages-paid.30259/#post-350339 ???
It's easy to use node permissions for own node types. But in this case, the pages have already there own permissions, which i would need to overwrite, what i don't want to do (because users like xxx ignore the hint to not UPDATE and then they post dozen times that my add-on is **** and isn't working and and and....

Maybe i'll do it, with a big hint that i it's only working with the current version,....

Finally found an wysiwyg editor which is working and having the right license so i'm allowed to include it into the product:)

editor.webp => saved.webp

Were still preparing the shop for http://mercenarydesign.com.au/ so it won't be released earlier, but trust me, it should be finished soon;)

Finally found an wysiwyg editor which is working and having the right license so i'm allowed to include it into the product:)
Why can't you use the default xenforo editor ? Because of the HTML ?

It might be easier / better to use native xenforo threads and just style them to look like Pages (with comments).
Add in some permissions (allow for more than one editor), Add a Title Page, Add search. Done.
With that you can take advantage of the many things Threads have that Pages do not.

Why can't you use the default xenforo editor ? Because of the HTML ?

It might be easier / better to use native xenforo threads and just style them to look like Pages (with comments).
Add in some permissions (allow for more than one editor), Add a Title Page, Add search. Done.
With that you can take advantage of the many things Threads have that Pages do not.
it might be easier, but i don't like to mix the different content types....
a blog is a blog
a page is a page
a cms page is a cms page

guiltar is having his own minds about this => http://xenforo.com/community/threads/cms-and-portal.29033/ but i have to disagree ...
there's a reason why not everything (eg conversations,xenforos profile posts, reported posts,..) is a thread:p

if you would mix this stuff, you would have a chaos like with vB4 where article comments are (or have been, don't know if they fixed this) shown in the global thread feed (and some other parts...)
also they would be shown in the thread search instead of having a own search type and and and... (e.g if you do the same with gallery images, i wouldn't want to show the gallery image results in the thread search if i search for "computer" and it returns the images with "computer" in the title
you would need to do many IMO ugly workarounds to fix & separate this...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/universal-commenting-module-handler.25680/

i'm sure many wouldn't care about this, but if i would use this for my communities, i would want a clean separation and that's why i'm coding it this way

I certainly would want pages to show up in search and what's new. Hopefully you'll be able to do that.
Watch Page is helpful too.

another preview of some changes for the next version:
options.webp

that's the first step to implement the permissions for the pages:)
i'm having several ideas how to make real permissions for the pages, but that's coming later:)

I took a look at the website again and I want to design a logo. It would be VERY cool if you had a mascot like Dragonbyte does.

Top Bottom