Lack of interest Enhance Thread List Icons

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

denam

The current system where the thread icon is shown as the user avatar is really nice. View attachment 149009 This could be enhanced in a way where thread readers could visually recognize the thread without clicking on it. I think that reddit found a really good approach enhancing community activity with this thread icon feature.

The system could work this way. Whenever there is an image uploaded, a video link (e.g. youtube, vimeo) or a website link within the first post of the thread, a preview thread icon of that posted content could be shown in the thread list instead of the user avatar.

There already exists a similar addon (Thread Icons) for this but I think that this would be an overall good experience for all community members which would fit perfectly to the xenforo product.

Here is an reddit example (whereas I think that icons should always have the same cropping dimensions):
reddit-2017-02-27-12.20.43.webp

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom