[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph [Deleted]

@doublespaces Still working properly from here. Keep in mind that there's a rate limit to Facebook API calls.
Still not working, we don't generate that many new threads:

XhgX8Rx.png

Also facebook debugger can't catch the image about half the time. However when the OG image is set to a URL, then it works immediately.

Sorry for the long delay. I've been sort of busy reinstalling my laptop.
I'll look into it more deeply within the next few days.

UPDATE: Received an update from another customer saying that they seemed to also have this issue, but afterwards it somehow fixed itself. I'm guessing it's a random issue from Facebook itself. I doubt Facebook made any new changes because it started working again afterwards. I've also double-checked the code but there was really nothing suspicious with them.

Last edited:
I'll give you a script later which will attempt to call Facebook API and only that, to see if there's any difference on behavior (just in case it behaves differently for some reason due to how the add-on was coded, or something like that).

I'll give you a script later which will attempt to call Facebook API and only that, to see if there's any difference on behavior (just in case it behaves differently for some reason due to how the add-on was coded, or something like that).

Okay sure, let me know!

Started getting an error with this now

Error Info
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'explicit_og_image' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: creaky, A moment ago

Stack trace
Code:
#0 /home/consolev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...') #1 /home/consolev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...') #2 /home/consolev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...') #3 /home/consolev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array) #4 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_thread', Array) #5 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() #6 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save() #7 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(830): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #8 /home/consolev/public_html/library/Snog/TGDBThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(42): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() #9 /home/consolev/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(94): Snog_TGDBThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() #10 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() #11 /home/consolev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #12 /home/consolev/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #13 {main}
Request state
Code:
array(3) {   ["url"] => string(65) "https://www.consolevideogamer.com/forums/staff-chat.34/add-thread"   ["_GET"] => array(0) {   }   ["_POST"] => array(13) {     ["title"] => string(4) "test"     ["message_html"] => string(15) "<p>test<br></p>"     ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(68) "https://www.consolevideogamer.com/forums/staff-chat.34/create-thread"     ["tags"] => string(0) ""     ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "dc52885248541c380670663cf61cd58e"     ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"     ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"     ["_set"] => array(2) {       ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"       ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"     }     ["poll"] => array(5) {       ["question"] => string(0) ""       ["responses"] => array(2) {         [0] => string(0) ""         [1] => string(0) ""       }       ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"       ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"       ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"     }     ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"     ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(35) "/forums/staff-chat.34/create-thread"     ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"     ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"   } }

@Creaky Huh, that's weird, it should have had the column though. Can you check whether explicit_og_image column exists in xf_thread table of your forum's database?

@Creaky Can you run this query in your forum's database?
SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_thread ADD COLUMN explicit_og_image TEXT NULL
It should have run the query already on installation though, so I'm not sure why that column went missing in your installation.
Also run this one if you can't find advog_tags_cache column in it either:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_thread ADD COLUMN advog_tags_cache TEXT NULL

@Creaky Can you run this query in your forum's database?
SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_thread ADD COLUMN explicit_og_image TEXT NULL
It should have run the query already on installation though, so I'm not sure why that column went missing in your installation.
Also run this one if you can't find advog_tags_cache column in it either:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_thread ADD COLUMN advog_tags_cache TEXT NULL

Is this working fine after the new facebook update?

Hows this addon different?
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ge-or-og-image-for-forums-and-threads.128460/

Is this working fine after the new facebook update?
Did you mean this update? https://media.fb.com/2017/07/18/next-steps-to-addressing-link-preview-modification/
From what I can tell from the post, it would only prevent Pages from overwriting metadata of links through Graph API or Page composer (which I had never actually tried before, to be honest). It wouldn't cause any change to links that relied on their actual Open Graph tags (which this add-on used). So it's very likely that this add-on does not need to change anything for the update.
Well it seems like you have twitter tags?
There's also that. There's also video support (for both Facebook and Twitter). There's also the fact that my add-on will by default attempt to scan images/videos embedded in the first N posts within the thread as opposed to manually specifying an image (which still can be done with my add-on though, if you prefer). There's also the capability to tamper with description tags (removing things which matched RegEx patterns), add extra article tags to support Pinterest better and so on and so forth.
I could find plenty of differences which were already listed in the Overview page so I referred to you that page instead.

It's nothing much, but I had just decreased the add-on's price from $10.77 to $5.54.
It will be the amount that have to be paid for any new purchase starting from today (11 Oct 2017 03:45 PM UTC +7) as well as license renewal (for license that were bought before or after that date).

Hi, I bought and installed this addon today but when I click into threads now all I get is a "This page isn't working" error. (HTTP ERROR 500) in all browsers.

The forum itself displays, I only get the error when clicking into threads. Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom