Empty media after big board import

The Geek

Migrated from vb3.8x and used the Big Board importer instead of the standard XF one. Have spent the last several hours doing the import of Media and its complete, but nothing is in the media section.

I guess this is because of missing import_log data for albums, but I don't think the Big Board importer creates this. So - now everything is imported and live apart from the albums to media - how can I complete this?

Thanks in advance.

Can I not just wrap the $upload->isImage() into a try/catch that will rollback the transaction and return 0 ? That should unlink the file and "move on".

Reason being, this manual intervention could take days. I have already had to skip about 4 files on an import that will take hours (without interruption)

Though it's probably worth noting a try/catch probably won't prevent a segfault error if that is what is still happening.

By the way, what PHP version are you running?

Based on the seg fault line, you're seeing an actual PHP crash -- wrapping with a try/catch isn't going to do anything to stop that unfortunately.

I do recall a PHP crash related to EXIF checks and I think it might have been sorted in one of the most recent releases. I'm not sure what PHP version you're using or if upgrading to the latest version of 5.4 to 5.6 is viable.

Thanks gents. Yes, the try catch vs the segfault was like weeing into the wind :)

I did go through installed packages and used a repo with some newer versions available. So went from 5.4.16 to 5.4.39. Low and behold - XFMG is now importing flawlessly.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Top Bottom