1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Embed local php page into a page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CLMontague, Jul 14, 2013.

1. CLMontague

CLMontague New Member

2. EasyTarget

EasyTarget Well-Known Member

3. CLMontague

CLMontague New Member

4. EasyTarget

Looks like everything is ok now?

5. CLMontague

CLMontague New Member

ah it sorta is there! i just can't get it to not jump out of the page and open its own

but you could say that

6. EasyTarget

not sure what you mean by jump out of the page?

You don't want it to look like this?

ban_check_001.png

There is some javascript that is running? Re-sizing things?

7. CLMontague

CLMontague New Member

nope i don't want it to do that.. when you click on the tab from www.cmnet.co.uk very quickly it displays it embed'd then it does what your image displays.. which wasn't what i was aiming for.. i have made it small and huge same result

8. EasyTarget

Try removing the responsive .css file and see what happens. Also you are loading the jquery library twice v1.7 and v1.9; that might be causing issues.

It looks like the subsequent file is overwriting the <body> contents.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  9. CLMontague

CLMontague New Member

tried removing the responsive.css no change! sorry im still very new to xenforo.. so im not sure what jquery is? sorry if thats a total noobie question!

10. EasyTarget

When you look at the source of your web page you can see the following.

HTML:
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
            <script src="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jquery.validate/1.9/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/heartcode-canvasloader-min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/jquery.countdown.min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/jquery.tablesorter.min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/jquery.tablesorter.widgets.min.js"></script>
            <script src="//www.cmnet.co.uk/library/ban/js/jquery.tablesorter.pager.min.js"></script>

11. EasyTarget

@CLMontague
    Ok, so I am guessing you want the page to look like this.

ban_check_002.png

If you turn off javascript you will see that it looks like that.

In the javascript there is a line of code that is re-loading the page. So if you watch the address in the browser address bar you can see when it happens. I was thinking you were intentionally doing it. I guess not.

Ask the frostcast folks about the line of code that automatically re-loads the page, and you can just comment it out.