1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Emails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Thomasb454, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Emails are not being sent to my users signing up. Nothing in the error log in the ACP.
    Any suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check that you have the email on registration option selected.
    Check the server mail logs to confirm the emails are being sent.
    Confirm that the emails are not being slagged as spam and delivered to spam folders.

3. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

I'm sorry, where would these all be located?

4. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

EDIT;
    I also have another issue,I have set up a route fiter:

Find Route:pages/vote/
    Replace With:vote/

But I get a 404? (the page DOES exist) I've had to replace it with a more hacky method /vote.php (redirects to the vote page)

5. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Check that you have the email on registration option selected. - AdminCP

Check the server mail logs to confirm the emails are being sent. - On the server itself. Normally in /var/log

Confirm that the emails are not being slagged as spam and delivered to spam folders. - Ask your users.

6. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Thanks, doing so now.

7. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Okay the email issues has been resolved. Now for the other issue (I've also come across a new one too)
    The new issue:

http://puu.sh/7ge7H/92f8b275be.png - very dark, even though the hex code is set to be a lot brighter, I've deleted the users account, changed the colour everything. Still very dark.
    Any ideas?

8. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Bum-pity bump bump. :rolleyes:

9. Brogan

Amaury likes this.
  10. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No, it means to ask the questions in the appropriate topic area (which makes sense - why would I want to look for a styling related question in a general support area when their is a specific area for styling related questions.
    Some people are better at styling related stuff and they don't pay much attention to questions in another area. If you want the best level of support (both by the support staff and other users) it behooves you to use the correct topic area.
    In addition, most people would see that the original problem was solved and quit reading from there (that's what I do in the support areas since there is no further need for me to look into the problem).

Amaury likes this.
  12. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Well I started the thread, but whatever. I'm not going to continue flaming.

13. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

What does "I started the thread" have to do with anything @Tracy Perry said? ;)

Amaury likes this.
  14. Brogan

Indeed.

I was actually trying to help you by making sure your new question received as wide an audience as possible and in the correct forum.

Amaury likes this.
  15. Thomasb454

Thomasb454 Member

Sorry. I do see your point, I was EXTREMELY tired and ratty.