XF 1.2 Emails not sending

Crazyfruitbat

Hi guys,
I'm having some issues with the forums sending out emails. It has worked in the past, now it's just stopped working (maybe after upgrading to 1.2).

For the email settings I am using is the Default PHP method not the SMTP option. xenforo is not logging the emails in the error logs.

I'm running my own vps, all the ubuntu packages are up to date.

A few months ago I had postfix on my box and I removed it due to the hassle of spam and went to use outlooks version of google apps instead. I don't know if removing postfix could be the reason why this isn't working but I doubt it due to it being PHP based right?

Any help would be great, right now my users can't get any mail including the sign up one.

A few months ago I had postfix on my box and I removed it due to the hassle of spam and went to use outlooks version of google apps instead. I don't know if removing postfix could be the reason why this isn't working but I doubt it due to it being PHP based right?
PHP hands off to a MTA like postfix, so yes it most definitely could be related to that.

It's possible it's now using another system (sendmail?) as I suspect if they weren't being accepted, you would get an error from PHP. You'd need to look at your server's internal mail logs (location varies, but generally within /var/log).

PHP hands off to a MTA like postfix, so yes it most definitely could be related to that.

It's possible it's now using another system (sendmail?) as I suspect if they weren't being accepted, you would get an error from PHP. You'd need to look at your server's internal mail logs (location varies, but generally within /var/log).

Thanks Mike, that makes sense to me. I'll keep an eye on my logs and see what comes up, but seeing I have actually removed postfix completely I doubt anything is still writing to those logs. I'll check and report back. Cheers!

Top Bottom