XF 2.1 Emails go to spam folder

JoyFreak

I have tried both outlook and gmail accounts to test confirmation email and both go into spam folder.
I moved hosts recently and signed up to Cloudflare, I have added all the necessary DNS records and tested with spam-tester.com. I am getting 10/10 score so everything is being passed. I have tried Default > Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers) and also tried SMTP with all the necessary fields filled out. Still both options send emails to spam. Not sure what else to do?

Hello, came here to ask if you have found a solution to that since I am facing the same issue as you had.

This can happen if using defaul host email and you are on shared hosting.

But if instead you have a properly set up SMTP provider you should not be getting spam issues. Amazon works, although I did find it sometimes got blacklisted with btinternet last year. The good thing about Amazon in this situations is you get bounce notification emails which you don't with some of the other SMPT providers (you have to check the logs regularly)

I also found that the (free or cheap) mailgun would get blacklisted from time to time. They would fix it but usually took a good 24 hours and the only real solution with them was to get a dedicated IP.

Top Bottom