XF 1.4 Email Users Tool

Damnlag

So I've tested out the tool a couple times and realized that it doesn't just send out emails in bundles, it sends them all at once. Which then puts a ban on the email because it tries to send more than the maximum amount at a period of time. I think it was like 500 in so many hours.

How can I send out batches of emails in a newsletter with the email to users tool without getting my email banned like that?

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Well, I guess I found one thing that the competitor's have over XenForo.
I guess if you are with a shared hosting provider it could be a problem... but for those that are not then it's really not... but if you are sending THAT many in an hour, then a shared hosting provider may not be the best situation to be in (unless it is one like @Mike Edge who doesn't AFAIK have a restriction like that in place).

If you are sending an actual news letter, then there are services that would be better fitting (and targeted) towards that. Mandrill allows up to 12000 free emails a month. Not sure though if they throttle by # per hour or not.

I guess if you are with a shared hosting provider it could be a problem... but for those that are not then it's really not... but if you are sending THAT many in an hour, then a shared hosting provider may not be the best situation to be in (unless it is one like @Mike Edge who doesn't AFAIK have a restriction like that in place).

If you are sending an actual news letter, then there are services that would be better fitting (and targeted) towards that. Mandrill allows up to 12000 free emails a month. Not sure though if they throttle by # per hour or not.

Yeap, we don't have any sort restrictions in place. A heavy mail throttle sends a manual alert to investigate to assure it's not spam, but as long as it's legit mailings, it's fine then.

Top Bottom