Email Users: Max Emails sent Per hour 300/300

Twitchy

I am trying to send a mass email to all users (over 3500) but I keep getting an error message. There is nothing in the server error log in the admin control panel. When I try to send it out, it goes to the first 300, and then sends exactly 81 return emails to me.

Any ideas on what to do?

Switch over to an email application like Sendy and sign up for Amazon SES. I hope someone integrates sendy and XenForo. Life will be a lot better for all of us webmasters.

Better; XF includes a better email management system in its core. :)

I am trying to send a mass email to all users (over 3500) but I keep getting an error message. There is nothing in the server error log in the admin control panel. When I try to send it out, it goes to the first 300, and then sends exactly 81 return emails to me.

Any ideas on what to do?

To actually answer your question:

Who or whatever is processing your outgoing mail, has a sending limit. It could be a per-day limit or a per-batch limit, I'm not sure. You can try sending the emails in smaller batches or try and have your sending limit raised by whomever manages your email.

The limit itself, cannot be fixed from XenForo itself.

Does your host limit mails per hour? That could also be the issue, check your hosts mailing policy the limits would be mentioned there (or in Terms & Conditions).

Does your host limit mails per hour? That could also be the issue, check your hosts mailing policy the limits would be mentioned there (or in Terms & Conditions).

It is very likely this. There really isn't anything at the server level (aside from host limitations) that would ever limit the emails to 300. This is especially true if you are running into the 300 number every time you try.

Top Bottom