Implemented Email Templates

digitalpoint

There are a few issues here...

1. Email templates are hard-coded to be blue... At the very least, shouldn't they be using the style variables like @PrimaryLight?

2. Admin templates aren't saved as files when you have that option, so there ends up being a lot of PHP code that needs to be compiled on the fly rather than being able to use an opcode cacher (any time the system sends an email).

3. This is more an overall thing, but why are admin templates completely separated from normal templates? We end up with two totally different systems that ultimately serve the same purpose. To make it worse, the admin template system isn't kept in-line with the normal templates. Wouldn't it make more sense to have one consolidated template system and just have an "admin" flag for admin templates? Then we could edit and search admin templates (which include non-admin things like outgoing emails) as well as the advantages as having admin templates (and emails) saved as files so the opcode cachers can do their magic...

Upvote 49
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I hate the light blue color the email templates... and I hate even more not being able to easily change them!

Also please provide an option to switch from HTML to plain text emails... not everyone forum owner wants to send HTML emails!

I'ld definitely like email templates to be stored as files, as while it only compiles the email template once per request it would be nice if it didn't need todo that every request.

My members keep replying to email notifications. The little text at the bottom saying not to reply here is so small it's useless.
Disable the quoted conversation or thread/post and they will have to click the link to read the message then. That stops it I've found.

Reactivating this thread. eMail Templates are the stepchild of XF. And I can't cope with the fact they can not be worked on and styled parallel to the front end to be consistent. Default should be that they draw their style properties from the user style but at least there should be standard templates that can be customized thoroughly and permanently.

As highlighted in another template e-mail customisation is very important and this needs to be done with ease.

Fully support this request

New features are typically added to second point releases, so it would be 1.6/7/8, rather than 1.5.x.

However, development is currently focused on 2.x.

Thanks for the lesson. Didn't actually answer the question though.

I'll re-ask:

Is there a technical reason why this hasn't been tended to in xF 1.x ?

Yes, there are technical limits. We're well aware of the issues people have with this and are considering it for future releases.
Any ETA for this? Desperately wanna change the damn template, as Google take it as spam more than normal mail. D:

Any ETA for this? Desperately wanna change the damn template, as Google take it as spam more than normal mail. D:
I don't think the template (or the ability to customize it) is your issue here.

There are countless real factors that determine whether Google/Hotmail/Yahoo think your emails are spam.

Top Bottom