Email service that handles the board

Nicky Vermeersch

I recently gave up on my shared solution that throttles emails to 1.000 mails per hour, and now I no longer have a service that handles sending out the mails for alerts/conversations/watched threads. What do you guys use for sending out mails with this scope?

I recently gave up on my shared solution that throttles emails to 1.000 mails per hour, and now I no longer have a service that handles sending out the mails for alerts/conversations/watched threads. What do you guys use for sending out mails with this scope?
Look at setting up [BD] Mails and Mandrill.

Reactions: rdn
Look at setting up [BD] Mails and Mandrill.

Thanks, my first impression is that it is quite expensive though if you generate a large volume of emails (17.60 USD for 100k emails a month)

I could send the emails from the VPS that runs the forums, but then all the emails would end up in the spam folder, apperantly because of a missing SPF record or something.

Thanks, my first impression is that it is quite expensive though if you generate a large volume of emails (17.60 USD for 100k emails a month)

I could send the emails from the VPS that runs the forums, but then all the emails would end up in the spam folder, apperantly because of a missing SPF record or something.
SPF records are easy to do if you run your own VPS... as well as DKIM. Heck, MickeySoft even has a wizard out that will help you set up SPF.

Look into finding a host like myself that specializes in forum hosting and you should no longer have a throttle issue. For example, our smaller board package quota is 5,000 per hour, 20k on mid sized and unlimited on our big boards of a million+ posts. Of course we also increase quota's on any account if limit is exceeding after simply checking the mail logs to verify it is legit xenForo mailing and not spam, by just contacting us.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom