Email service of preference

What is your favourite / preferred email service?

• Total voters

Saeed

Given that most of us here in the community are administrators, webmasters, moderators etc, we probably deal with a volume of email that is above what the average web surfer is ever exposed to. So I was just interested in knowing what you guys use as your favourite email service. :) I know, we'd all have our own preferences according to our personalized needs, but I thought it would be interesting nevertheless to know what is most liked / used anyway. :)

I personally have never looked back since I started using Gmail back in 2004. Reason - well, it's simple, fast and logical. And not just now, but since I ever remember. I use it extensively with labels and filters which do make my life much easier. (y)

I started off with Hotmail, but now only use it for Windows Live Messenger.

I started using a Yahoo! account as a "registration account", where all the spam could be diverted, but I must admit that Yahoo! has improved incredibly lately. Yahoo! would probably be my go-to-guy if I ever broke up with Gmail.

So, what do you guys use? Any tip you'd like to share which you think makes reading / writing email easier for you?

Oh, just in case I should add another option to the poll, please let me know. :)

Please note that this is not a thread to decide which service is the best, just to know which do you guys prefer.

I've always used Yahoo! I have tried both gmail and hotmail, and liked neither of them.

Yahoo is easy, the spam filter is great, plus I get local news, weather, etc right there as well.
Love it.

EDIT: Of course this is only for webmail. I actually prefer my isp's email, and use my domain's email for that site.

well, it supported pop3 ten years ago, which was pretty unheard of.
its always had an advanced web ui making it easy to search, organise, etc. great spam protection and a regular spam report mail you can look over to see if any needed emails were sent to the spam bin.
tbh i havent used the ui much. i access it via imap, which the entire reason i use gmx. it allowed for that sort of thing long before gmail (or google for that matter) even existed.

http://gmx.de

I must say that I've heard about it for the very first time. Care to share what features does it have that makes it better than the others, in your opinion. I'm just curious. :)
It's a service mostly popular in German speaking countries.

Forget about it, it's web interface has been a horrible, overloaded and bloated disaster for many years - maybe they did improve in recent years, but I've long stopped to care.

It doesn't have more features than GMail, Yahoo or Windows Live.

I stopped using GMX in 2004 when GMail appeared and now it's GMail all the way for me.

well, it supported pop3 ten years ago, which was pretty unheard of.
its always had an advanced web ui making it easy to search, organise, etc. great spam protection and a regular spam report mail you can look over to see if any needed emails were sent to the spam bin.
tbh i havent used the ui much. i access it via imap, which the entire reason i use gmx. it allowed for that sort of thing long before gmail (or google for that matter) even existed.

http://gmx.de
I see. Thank you for sharing, diektzer. I'm assuming it's in German, or do they have an English version too? :)

I use Google Apps to use my domains with Gmail.

I used Yahoo (which is a joke if your account is ever compromised), and Hotmail (which tends to be the least secure of the 3) and Gmail is honestly my favorite one thus far.

I use Google Apps to use my domains with Gmail.

I used Yahoo (which is a joke if your account is ever compromised), and Hotmail (which tends to be the least secure of the 3) and Gmail is honestly my favorite one thus far.

You didn't have your Yahoo! account compromised, did you Forsaken? Was it the experience with support staff which was bad?

You didn't have your Yahoo! account compromised, did you Forsaken? Was it the experience with support staff which was bad?
A hacker group that found the email social engineered phone support for Yahoo, and they managed to get into my account. It took me about 3 weeks of arguing with support to finally gain access back (They had added account security since I made my account and never -required- you to fill it out, making it so that I wasn't able to gain my account back that way).

This was about 2 years ago, but I had already stopped using their email by then (Only had my Namecheap on it and as soon as I found out I alerted them to lock my domains).

A hacker group that found the email social engineered phone support for Yahoo, and they managed to get into my account. It took me about 3 weeks of arguing with support to finally gain access back (They had added account security since I made my account and never -required- you to fill it out, making it so that I wasn't able to gain my account back that way).

This was about 2 years ago, but I had already stopped using their email by then (Only had my Namecheap on it and as soon as I found out I alerted them to lock my domains).
I can't even begin to think what'd happen if I lost access to my account. But thank you for sharing. :)

I can't stand using anything but gmail.
Hotmail is seriously outdated, cluttered, and just plain ugly. I feel the same way about MSN.
Yahoo I never liked. I disagree about the spam filter, when I used it, it was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
AOL lost years ago.

Top Bottom