XF 2.1 Disallow Free Email Services

Hello,

I am trying to find away to stop users from registering (only during registration) with free email services (i.e. Gmail, Live...etc). I have a list ready and I imported it under "User discipline-->banned emails". It works fine but the problem it prevents users from changing their email address later to their personal emails (i.e. Gmail, Live...etc).

Does anybody know an easy way to achieve this (preventing users from using free email services during registration only)?

If I have to do it by editing the code, which template should I edit (hopefully knowing which part)?

Thank you in advance.

I'm working on an addon which uses SparkPost's Recipient Validation service and can identify "disposable" and/or free email addresses and allow you to block users from registering using those addresses.

However, the addon will be a paid addon, and you'll need a Sparkpost account (starts at US$20 per month), plus SparkPost charge US$0.01 per email validated (ie if you get 1000 registration attempts per month it will cost you an additional US$10 per month)

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom