XF 1.1 Email Registration Not Working

Pengy

Hello,
I am very new to xenforo. For some reason when users try to register they are not getting a confirmation email. I checked the email settings and all my settings are set to default. I have not changed anything that remotely has to do with email or confirmation.
Does anyone know a way to fix my issue?
Thanks!

Last edited:
My settings are all default. They have checked their spam and still no emails coming in.

QXP9Ov4.jpg

Ive been trying to figure out all this SMTP stuff for like the past hour but I'm pretty useless at it. I created an email on my host but have no idea how to use it for this purpose.

Ive been trying to figure out all this SMTP stuff for like the past hour but I'm pretty useless at it. I created an email on my host but have no idea how to use it for this purpose.
Are you on shared hosting, VPS or dedicated server? If shared hosting (don't remember since it's been so long ago for me to use) don't you have to use the smtp server they set up for your domain?
If a VPS or dedi, have you checked your mail logs?

I am on shared hosting. I have tried to set up smtp but I don't have a good understanding of what I am doing. I made an email "admin@mydomain.com" and entered this as the email. I then input smtp.mydomain.com as the server and 25 as the port. I then input the username as admin@mydomain.com and the password as what I have the password on the email. Lastly I input the encryption as SSL. This did not work so can somebody tell me what I did wrong?
sKAj0Ou.jpg

Last edited:
I am on shared hosting. I have tried to set up smtp but I don't have a good understanding of what I am doing. I made an email "admin@mydomain.com" and entered this as the email. I then input smtp.mydomain.com as the server and 25 as the port. I then input the username as admin@mydomain.com and the password as what I have the password on the email. Lastly I input the encryption as SSL. This did not work so can somebody tell me what I did wrong?
Are you sure the port is correct?
Are you sure it is SSL and not TLS?
Are you sure you need the @mvprunesscape.com after your username?

Usually you can find out by looking at the FAQ's for your host (specifically how to set up an email client to use your email servers) and then replicated the information (port #, SSL/TLS, etc) from that into your SMTP server info in the ACP.

Well my ultimate solution was looking through cpanel settings for a while. There ended up being a page where it showed you the information necessary to set up the SMTP it was just hard to find.

Top Bottom