Resource icon

Email Queuing Enhancements 1.1.1

No permission to download
Xon updated Email Queuing Enhancements with a new update entry:

Feature update release

Bounce Email handling

Instead of hard disabling the account, this allows options which send emails to be disabled. Such as:
  • Forum Watch.
  • Thread Watch.
  • Conversation emails.
  • Changes Default settings to 'watch, no email' for threads.
  • Email on Tag (Conversation Improvements add-on).

New "Disable Email on" option (checkbox, default non selected):
  • On any soft bounce
  • Only on too many soft bounces
  • Only on a hard bounce

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon anything done for this ?
You need something to run the deferred task as often as possible, I've got a shell script which loops consuming all available deferred tasks every minute which works for me.

I've been tinkering with a queue-based instance to-do this sort of thing where a long-ish running set of tasks then consume deferred tasks as they become available, but it isn't ready for production.

maybe it would be easier to script for lessening the size of the queue, if you could divide the delivery into groups of users according to last visit time or something ?
  • last 7 days first
  • last 8 - 30 days next
  • last 31 - 60 days next and so on ?
or also make the staggered date cut offs customisable ? :)

maybe it would be easier to script for lessening the size of the queue, if you could divide the delivery into groups of users according to last visit time or something ?
  • last 7 days first
  • last 8 - 30 days next
  • last 31 - 60 days next and so on ?
or also make the staggered date cut offs customisable ? :)
I've added this to the github issue tracker as a feature request. I'm unsure when I'll have time, as I'm currently working on a number of private add-ons (some of which I've recently opened sourced).

@Xon Lately I'm getting errors in my Server Error Logs such as read timeout, and blablabla while sending mails. Will this add-on ensure that those failed messages be sent with the retry logic thingy?

@Xon Lately I'm getting errors in my Server Error Logs such as read timeout, and blablabla while sending mails. Will this add-on ensure that those failed messages be sent with the retry logic thingy?
Yup. That is the entire point of this add-on to ensure the system keeps trying to resend them.

@Xon Alrighty then. Thanks! I had actually installed the add-on a few moments after I posted the reply. I dunno if it works but at least I've been getting some emails just fine. I believe this was set up to support [bd] Mails, right? I'm using Mailgun for my entire server, but I still use [bd] Mails for XenForo installation because it has bounce handling for Mailgun.

@Xon Alrighty then. Thanks! I had actually installed the add-on a few moments after I posted the reply. I dunno if it works but at least I've been getting some emails just fine. I believe this was set up to support [bd] Mails, right? I'm using Mailgun for my entire server, but I still use [bd] Mails for XenForo installation because it has bounce handling for Mailgun.
Yes, it catches failed mail submisssions and puts them into a failed queue and then use whatever considered mail transport you have.

@Xon Hey man, I was getting a lot of these errors this morning from 4:03 AM till 4.34 AM (GMT +7):
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Queued, Email to SOME_EMAIL_ADDRESS failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.mailgun.net:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:15 AM
Stack trace:
Code:
#0 /library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('ssl://api.mailg...', 443, true)
#1 /library/bdMails/Transport/Mailgun.php(96): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(31): bdMails_Transport_Mailgun->_bdMails_sendMail()
#3 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#4 /library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#5 /library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(149): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mailgun))
#6 /library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): SV_EmailQueue_XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999988079071)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999988079071, '')
#8 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999988079071, '', false)
#9 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#10 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#11 {main}
My email was in some of the error messages. It only happened till 4.34 AM (GMT +7) though. Any idea what was going on? Was their API simply temporarily down?

@BobbyWibowo this is the add-on informing you that there was an issue sending email, but it has been queued as a failed email to be retried :)

In this case, your DNS configuration went AWOL but the add-on functioned as designed and requeued the email for delivery.

My own Mail server was down for several days, and so all forum emails was failed.
So I created new Mail server with new hostname, domain and email account and use it on my Forum.

Now all previous email that failed when my old mail server was down was resend again and still failed.
Because of this error:
Sender address rejected: not owned by user

Almost all my Users emails marked as Hard Bounced.
Abandoning, Email to...

How can I force reset it all by sql query?
I want to enable it all back to default.

I think this preferences are being changed:
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
  • Receive site mailings
Thanks Xon.

Last edited:
I think this is the right code.
I have run it already.
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET receive_admin_email = 1

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET email_on_conversation = 1

Anything else to run?

Last edited:
I think this is the right code.
I have run it already.
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET receive_admin_email = 1

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET email_on_conversation = 1

Anything else to run?

There is also these following columns on xf_user_option (depending on add-ons);
  • sv_email_on_tag
  • fmp_always_email_notify

Reactions: rdn
Hi @Xon,
I installed this addon in the hope that it would help with mass email sending through "Email Users" unfortunately it didn't help and still takes half a day and interrupts from time to time.

Is this incompatible with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-mails.2313/ or does it require some special settings?

I'm using these settings:
OR2Zfif.png

This add-on was designed to make interactive emails (ie watch notifications, etc) queuable in the case of failure to ensure delivery. Mass emails are out of scope of this add-on.

It should work with [bd] mail as it operates above the layer that [bd] mail does.

This add-on was designed to make interactive emails (ie watch notifications, etc) queuable in the case of failure to ensure delivery. Mass emails are out of scope of this add-on.

It should work with [bd] mail as it operates above the layer that [bd] mail does.
Shouldn't it work for user emails?

Kekm88o.png

Mass emails are out of scope of this add-on.

Why not adding this feature to this addon? I would be willing to pay for this!

There are so many Xenforo users, who run their sites on shared hosting with email throtteling/ limitation to send x email per hour. we are waiting fo years for a feature like this in the core of Xenforo. But it does not come. neither in XF1.5x, nor in XF 2.x

Why not finally implement this in this addon and sell it for a few USD?

Top Bottom