Resource icon

Email Queuing Enhancements 1.1.1

No permission to download
I disabled all addons via config.php also, why is it still running ?
The deferred task system records the class name, which means it will load classes from disabled addons, leaving a half-enabled/half-disabled addon which will likely error out.

I would need to add checks so the deferred tasks stop themselves if the addon is disabled.

Reactions: rdn
So you will soon release an update for this addon? Thanks!
I haven't gone through and verified that all my supported addons work on XF 1.5 yet (I've got other development I'm working one).

Once I do, I will patch issues as they are identified.

Reactions: rdn
I haven't gone through and verified that all my supported addons work on XF 1.5 yet (I've got other development I'm working one).

Once I do, I will patch issues as they are identified.

Hi,

what is the status quo on this?

I would be interested in this addon. Especially if I send buld emails like a newsletter out of ACP to all users. The time out error happens often then (over 30k emails each time for the newsletter).

If this addon would avoid the time out error this only for this buld emails sent by admin, I would be really happy

Hi,

I would be interested in this addon. Especially if I send buld emails like a newsletter out of ACP to all users. The time out error happens often then (over 30k emails each time for the newsletter).

If this addon would avoid the time out error this only for this buld emails sent by admin, I would be really happy
Default XenForo 1.5 already defer the bulk sending on Admincp I think.

Deferred Sending
A slight improvement which affects Email Users and the two new methods of contacting users is that we now pass the process of sending to a Deferred task. This should be more reliable and in case something goes wrong it should also be possible to resume from where it left off.

To a certain extent, the deferred tasks may also be reusable by developers for other tasks.

This works as expected for XF 1.5, and doesn't cause deferred emails via the admincp to be deferred twice.

I do need to finish testing an update to ensure if bulk email sending fails, the fails are queued for re-trying.

Last edited:
Every now and again I get the following error in my admin logs (XF 1.4.10):

ErrorException: Missing argument 2 for SV_EmailQueue_XenForo_Model_MailQueue::insertFailedMailQueue(), called in library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Mail.php on line 24 and defined -library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php:48

With a stack trace like this:

#0 /var/www/xenforo/library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(48): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Missing argumen...', '/var/www/xenfor...', 48, Array)
#1 /var/www/xenforo/library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Mail.php(24): SV_EmailQueue_XenForo_Model_MailQueue->insertFailedMailQueue(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /var/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): SV_EmailQueue_XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#3 /var/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('email@address.com', 'username')
#4 /var/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(104): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#5 /var/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#6 /var/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /var/www/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

It doesn't happen often, but it might be a bug you want to fix along with any new release for XF 1.5.

Cheers!

Rys

The reason I suggested [db] mails addon is it submits email via http. It does not use your shared provider's SMTP and hence does not need to worry about SMTP rate limiting.
Does db mails do something different that you suggest it. I mean why not just use mailgun/mandrill/amazons mail service.. via. the xenforo smtp settings. Is there an advantage to use the db mails plugin besides the bouncing handling aspect?

Does this plugin queue notifications from watched forums? It doesn't list it on the plugin page. What I mean are the cases where users watch an entire forum/category and receive e-mail alerts about new threads. I have made the experience that if there are many watching it, it delays the creation of threads and sometimes even exceeds the 30 sec php execution limit. (using mandrill via. xenforo smtp settings)

It's '[bd] mails' not '[db] mails', and yes, it does something different. This one queues things properly in Xenforo, the other one changes it so emails in the queue get sent to Mandrill/mailgun etc. You want both installed.

Although heads up the [bd] mails addon has a problem where after you get 1,000 bounced emails, it won't process bounces properly anymore. See my post in the [bd] mails addon discussion thread... basically Mandrill's bounce list is a bit screwed up, plus [bd] mails is polling the entire list when it should really just have an addon hook that listens for bounces.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I meant to ask is, does bd mails do anything different in terms of transmitting the emails to the mail delivery services that is better than what xenforo does, despite the bouncing feature. Unless I'm missing something I do not see an advantage over the normal smtp way xenforo offers out of the box (which can be used with all the bd mails supported email delivery providers).

What does bd mail do better than xenforo out of the box, despite the "easier" configuration and bouncing feature.

Yes it does, I need to update the overview page.
I'm not sure if it is possible already or default behavior. The comments above made me think, wouldn't it be possible to only queue notifications and private message alerts. Or better blacklist those that should not be queued like password reset, registration confirmation..

I tried sending test email on xenforo admin, and I got blank page :(.
With this error:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method SV_EmailQueue_XenForo_Deferred_UserEmail::setWrappedTransport() - library/SV/EmailQueue/XenForo/Deferred/UserEmail.php:13
Generated By: Dan, 2 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "/admin.php?users/email-send"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["test"] => string(15) "Send Test Email"
    ["criteria"] => string(130) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"],"custom_exact":{"mobilephonenetwork":1},"no_empty_email":true}"
    ["total"] => string(6) "175690"
    ["from_name"] => string(36) "Pinoy Internet and Technology Forums"
    ["from_email"] => string(16) "email@domain.org"
    ["email_title"] => string(97) "You can use this form to send a mass email to the users which match the criteria specified below."
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(97) "You can use this form to send a mass email to the users which match the criteria specified below."
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom