Resource icon

Email Queuing Enhancements 1.1.1

No permission to download
Hi @Xon
I have an issue with emails. I'm sending a monthly newsletter to around 130k registered users.
I send them via /admin.php?users/email
The problem: it just send few emails per minute so the process takes the whole day to complete...
I also use [bd] Mails, that's why sending the whole mails almost together to Mandrill should not be a problem.

I installed this addon so I can modify the batch size process, but the problem remains.
Any help or recommendation with this?
2015-12-10_1218.webp
Thanks!

I suspect it is the cron execution time that is being respected which is the issue, resulting in more time spent waiting between small batches than actually being executed.

I'll need to have a check to see how it works.

I suspect it is the cron execution time that is being respected which is the issue, resulting in more time spent waiting between small batches than actually being executed.

I'll need to have a check to see how it works.
Thanks for checking, I'll wait for your answer ;)

Thanks for checking, I'll wait for your answer ;)
After looking, my add-on respects the run-time length for deferred job. This limits the effectiveness of the 'batch size' argument.

You can try using GoodForNothing Shell Defer to allow the cron tasks to run for longer. But this requires access to the crontab (aka doesn't work well with shared hosting).

After looking, my add-on respects the run-time length for deferred job. This limits the effectiveness of the 'batch size' argument.

You can try using GoodForNothing Shell Defer to allow the cron tasks to run for longer. But this requires access to the crontab (aka doesn't work well with shared hosting).
Thanks a lot @Xon
I'll try it, I'm on a dedicated server.
Kind regards

Ok Thanks!
Disabled now.
QXnM8AB.png

What if I want all emails go through Queue? Except 2 Factor Auth.
Can you please add an option for that?
Thanks again.

Did you have any luck fixing the slow e-mails problem, @Breixo? I've got this addon installed and it worked great under XF 1.4, but with XF1.5 it is very slow (20 mins for 1000 mails) to send bulk e-mails from the admin panel via Mandrill. I've got my queue size set to 50, which was fine previously as it sent so quickly.

Has anyone else noticed changed between 1.4 and 1.5 with bulk e-mails and this addon?

@nrep XF1.5 causes bulk email to be sent via a deferred task. My add-on only hooks that code path to push failed email into the deferred queue and shouldn't affect normal bulk email flow.

Last edited:
@nrep XF1.5 causes bulk email to be sent via a deferred task. My add-on only hooks that code path to push failed email into the deferred queue and shouldn't affect normal bulk email flow.
Thanks for the reply Xon :). Is there any chance that the addon could be updated to include the new method of deferred bulk e-mailing? This is where we heavily rely on queuing :)

Did you have any luck fixing the slow e-mails problem, @Breixo? I've got this addon installed and it worked great under XF 1.4, but with XF1.5 it is very slow (20 mins for 1000 mails) to send bulk e-mails from the admin panel via Mandrill. I've got my queue size set to 50, which was fine previously as it sent so quickly.

Has anyone else noticed changed between 1.4 and 1.5 with bulk e-mails and this addon?
Hi! I still have the same problem, hope it can be solved with future updates.

Feature request, I hope there is an option to specifically disable queuing of:
  • Email Confirmation
  • 2 factor auth Email
  • Password Reset Request
  • Password Reset

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom