1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Email on any new item

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AGD-Andy, Apr 4, 2014.

1. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

Hello,

I'm the administrator and would like to have email notification if there is a new post, thread, blog (betterblogs), profile post, or anything on the board. I know that is excessive, but I do read all this stuff :)

I had that with vBulletin and just today moved all the way over to xF.

Thanks in advance.

DragonFlames likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Watch said forums and choose to receive e-mail alerts.

3. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

I do know that I can do that... looking for something comprehensive that I could set to specific users or a group.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Beyond watching (which is a user specific action), there isn't an option that does that.

Amaury likes this.
  5. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

ok, thanks.

6. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

What about a way to watch both New Threads and New Posts? Seems to be an OR thing from what I can tell :( I have quite a few forums to watch and new ones created at least monthly. Makes it more painful, so I may have to create a plugin for this or figure out how to do it with a query.

7. DragonFlames

DragonFlames Active Member

I hoped that would work for me but it doesn't. You miss a vast amount of material/messages doing that.

I'd like the software to offer an option to send a copy of all posts/activity across your XenForo system to a specified email/emails. I'd also like more options/switches on the watch system so members and Sysops can get to see absolutely everything posted into a certain forum or whatever if they want to.

Steve

8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

With the New Messages option, you will get notified when a new thread is created.

9. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

Bingo!

10. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

Correct, but I will not get notified then when there is a reply to a post (from what I understand). I want both. Similar to what DragonFlames mentioned... well, exactly what DragonFlames mentioned is what I am looking for.

11. Brian Boehm

Brian Boehm Member