XF 2.2 Email not working

Sprisa

Hey! My email sending doesnt seem to work? I setupped it correctly, and I can send mail trough the account in my mail server?

I just got a new dedicate IP.
Hopefully they checked it before issuing it... and you need to make sure all your appropriate DNS entries are made, you have your bounced and unsubscribe addresses configured for use before you get to far, or you may find that HotMail will block you again. You may also simply find that your hosting providers entire IP range is in their block list filter. Over the last 8 years, HotMail has been the biggest headache trying to get mail to go through. They'd prefer you pay to be on their list, or use a major mail service that already has.

neither you can get for a IP. That's the local address since mailcow runs in docker, that IP shows because XenForo runs on the same machine, basically, it's the client's ip
Yep... and that's what is connecting.. that's why your SSL cert won't apply... as it can't be used with the private IP and is not "registered" to it.
I personally preferred mail-in-a-box over mailcow.

Hopefully they checked it before issuing it... and you need to make sure all your appropriate DNS entries are made, you have your bounced and unsubscribe addresses configured for use before you get to far, or you may find that HotMail will block you again. You may also simply find that your hosting providers entire IP range is in their block list filter. Over the last 8 years, HotMail has been the biggest headache trying to get mail to go through. They'd prefer you pay to be on their list, or use a major mail service that already has.
HAHAHHAHA. I just ask them :) Seems they check it and it is not :)

HAHAHHAHA. I just ask them :) Seems they check it and it is not :)
Good luck... I've seen (and helped) with WAY to many issues with HotMail to trust what the ISP tells me (or even some of the common lists)... as Microsoft is an entity to themselves and they use their own customized block lists.
In fact, if I'm not mistaken, even the XF site had mail delivery problems with Hotmail recently that they had to jump through a few hoops to get fixed..... think it had to do with the Cloud solution.

Top Bottom