XF 2.2 Email not working

Sprisa

Hey! My email sending doesnt seem to work? I setupped it correctly, and I can send mail trough the account in my mail server?

How did you conclude that sending emails "seems" not to work?
What tests do you perform?
trying to send the email.
I found the error:
Code:
ErrorException: Email to jenz.jenzia@gmail.com from (MyEmail)@gmail.com failed: [E_WARNING] stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:94
STACK TRACE:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] str...', '/var/www/valorh...', 94, Array)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(94): stream_socket_enable_crypto(Resource id #9, true, 57)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(348): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->startTLS()
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(148): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->doHeloCommand()
#4 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(294): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
#5 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(458): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(XF\Mail\SmtpTransport), NULL, true)
#6 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(85): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#7 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(63): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->sendConfirmationEmail()
#8 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/EmailConfirmation.php(43): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->triggerConfirmation()
#9 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(58): XF\ControllerPlugin\EmailConfirmation->actionResend(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Entity\User), '/account-confir...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionResend(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AccountConfi...', 'Resend', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}

trying to send the email.
I found the error:
Code:
ErrorException: Email to jenz.jenzia@gmail.com from (MyEmail)@gmail.com failed: [E_WARNING] stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:94
STACK TRACE:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] str...', '/var/www/valorh...', 94, Array)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(94): stream_socket_enable_crypto(Resource id #9, true, 57)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(348): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->startTLS()
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(148): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->doHeloCommand()
#4 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(294): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
#5 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(458): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(XF\Mail\SmtpTransport), NULL, true)
#6 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(85): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#7 src/XF/Service/User/AbstractConfirmationService.php(63): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->sendConfirmationEmail()
#8 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/EmailConfirmation.php(43): XF\Service\User\AbstractConfirmationService->triggerConfirmation()
#9 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(58): XF\ControllerPlugin\EmailConfirmation->actionResend(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Entity\User), '/account-confir...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionResend(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AccountConfi...', 'Resend', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}
Was this working before and just stopped working? Or, just never worked to begin with?
The error message is related to a issue with the SSL connection. Did you set that up with Mailcow?
I've never worked with Mailcow, so I don't know much about it.

Was this working before and just stopped working? Or, just never worked to begin with?
The error message is related to a issue with the SSL connection. Did you set that up with Mailcow?
I've never worked with Mailcow, so I don't know much about it.
mailcow uses postfix and dovecot behind it. It stopped working after i renewed my SSL sprisa.top

I researched this error alot, XenForo doesnt seem to trust the TLS certificate my mail server has (obtained trough certbot/letsencrypt), hinted by the mail server error "Anonymous TLS connection established from unknown[172.22.1.1]: TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange X25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (2048 bits) server-digest SHA256"

I got a problem with my email too. My provider just told me that my dedicate IP is in blacklist, and they contacted Outlook to enlist my IP.
HUH

Pretty sure 172.22.1.1 is a private IP address... and you can't get a letsencrypt certificate for a private IP.
neither you can get for a IP. That's the local address since mailcow runs in docker, that IP shows because XenForo runs on the same machine, basically, it's the client's ip

Top Bottom