Add-on Email -> New Thread

Arun Kumar

It would be call feature to post new threads when some one sends an email to specific email address? and gets posted on a particular forum automatically?

Also, the ability to authenticate specific email address for that particular forum so that we don't end up in spam.

Because when i opened a new forum for my school, people preferred group mail for sharing information's instantly but group mail is a PIA when you need to put everything together at once.

So, i think this would be a cool feature.

Yup - would also be interested in this... and maybe if the Email subject was the same it could add this to the existing thread created..

The main problem with this is that... it would probably require that the user format their email in a very specific manner when posting (ie. certain stuff to tell the system what category to post in), which would undoubtedly add a "learning curve" to the system, which is probably a bigger "learning curve" than learning to use a forum (especially one as clean as XenForo).

The main problem with this is that... it would probably require that the user format their email in a very specific manner when posting (ie. certain stuff to tell the system what category to post in), which would undoubtedly add a "learning curve" to the system, which is probably a bigger "learning curve" than learning to use a forum (especially one as clean as XenForo).
I get it.

How about creating a new forum just for posting the threads sent through email (justl like rss to new thread) & mods can move it to the appropriate forum?

Top Bottom