• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on Email -> New Thread

It would be call feature to post new threads when some one sends an email to specific email address? and gets posted on a particular forum automatically?

Also, the ability to authenticate specific email address for that particular forum so that we don't end up in spam.

Because when i opened a new forum for my school, people preferred group mail for sharing information's instantly but group mail is a PIA when you need to put everything together at once.

So, i think this would be a cool feature.

Paul

Yup - would also be interested in this... and maybe if the Email subject was the same it could add this to the existing thread created..

Adam K M

The main problem with this is that... it would probably require that the user format their email in a very specific manner when posting (ie. certain stuff to tell the system what category to post in), which would undoubtedly add a "learning curve" to the system, which is probably a bigger "learning curve" than learning to use a forum (especially one as clean as XenForo).

The main problem with this is that... it would probably require that the user format their email in a very specific manner when posting (ie. certain stuff to tell the system what category to post in), which would undoubtedly add a "learning curve" to the system, which is probably a bigger "learning curve" than learning to use a forum (especially one as clean as XenForo).
I get it.

How about creating a new forum just for posting the threads sent through email (justl like rss to new thread) & mods can move it to the appropriate forum?