1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awaiting Feedback Email links generate error in webOS browser

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by cmeinck, Oct 28, 2010.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

If you receive an email notification, for some reason the browser will kick back the error: The requested page could not be found. I've confirmed this on two of my sites and on the Xenforo site.

One of those sites is a webOS forum, so that makes this a pretty big issue for me. Attached is a screen shot.

browser_2010-27-10_201843.png

2. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Probably, but without the specific URL that was requested, it's hard to say.

4. cmeinck

I've had it happen on three XenForo forums including this forum. All email links break in webOS. I'm going to change my notifications to "watch and receive email" on this thread and then will test via a Palm Pre.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you copy and past the URL that is in the email into this thread so we can see if it is an incorrect URL or another issue?

6. cmeinck

Getting a server error when trying to include images and description of issue here.

7. cmeinck

Original email:
    email_2010-28-10_093542.png

Browser error:
    browser_2010-28-10_093607.png

The URL in the browser after the error is:

8. cmeinck

Okay, this is weird. When I attempt to post the full URL in this thread, it's kicking back an internal server error. I've tried unlinking the link and it's still happening.

9. Brogan

10. cmeinck

11. Mike

That's a rather baffling issue. And it's consistent? I'm curious what URL it thinks it's trying to load.

12. cmeinck

Consistent through 3 sites including XF. My readers are also reporting the issue, since they are all webOS users.

13. Brogan

What happens if you copy and paste the URL from the email directly into the webOS browser?

14. Mike

If you can get instantaneous logs, can you click on a link from the email and look at your access logs to determine what URL it hit? We're not doing anything unique here; it's just a 301 redirect from the posts URL to the actual post.

15. cmeinck

I can check with my IT support group, but honestly I'm not sure how to go about this.

I can certainly hit this site at prescribed time if that would help. Running out now, but will be back most of the day and tomorrow morning*. (It's 10:56 EST and I just hit the link a few times)

* Eastern Standard Time

16. cmeinck

Not lump this together, but I have a major issue with my Windows Phone forums. Login does not work. If you select it, nothing happens. Is there a temporary workaround so that my readers who are mobile can login.

17. Mike

I may need to have a go with various emulators to see if I can reproduce/workaround these issues.

18. cmeinck

Anything I can do to help, please ask. Being device specific forums, these are critical issues for me.

Is there a login workaround that I might be able to offer my Windows readers in the interim?

19. Mike

I believe they should be able to go to <url>/index.php?login/ directly (or <url>/login/ if you're using friendly URLs).

20. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

cmeinck, can you confirm that this issue still exists in 1.0.0 RC2?