Email Idle Users by Waindigo [Deleted]

there might be a bug with this. I set it up and manually run the cron, but all the emails were sent to the same person. well they were sent to all the different email address, but all had the same persons name on.

I used an add-on of this sort when I had a vBulletin forum. A key issue here is users with inactive email addresses. Is there a way to set up this to monitor for that? Ideally, members who no longer have active emails should be moved to another group, perhaps an inactive one. They can be restored when they deliver a correct email address.

I used an add-on of this sort when I had a vBulletin forum. A key issue here is users with inactive email addresses. Is there a way to set up this to monitor for that? Ideally, members who no longer have active emails should be moved to another group, perhaps an inactive one. They can be restored when they deliver a correct email address.
Not that I know of. I guess this would be a separate add-on anyway, as you would not necessarily have to have an add-on like this installed to benefit from this. An easy way to do this might be to build an add-on that links in with an API of a cloud email service like this:
http://elasticemail.com/api-documentation

Do let me know if you would be interested in contributing to something like that.

I'm not a developer. But I'm running into a problem installing this add-on. I'm already a user of your Book Reviews add-on, which I realize you no longer support. But it seems as if some of the files for that conflict with the ones for this add-on. What am I overlooking?

I'm not a developer. But I'm running into a problem installing this add-on. I'm already a user of your Book Reviews add-on, which I realize you no longer support. But it seems as if some of the files for that conflict with the ones for this add-on. What am I overlooking?
There is no conflict. Any files that are in both add-ons will always be identical. You should keep all files from both add-ons and let the Waindigo magic do the rest.

One more thing: You should be able to restrict this mailing to specific user groups or user group names (better). That way, for example, banned members aren't being invited back. Just listing members who don't get mailings is not enough for a larger form. Thanks.

One more thing: You should be able to restrict this mailing to specific user groups or user group names (better). That way, for example, banned members aren't being invited back. Just listing members who don't get mailings is not enough for a larger form. Thanks.
Banned and discouraged members are not emailed.

It just seems like the functionality is similar, so maybe you could make it an extension of this or build on what you already have to do one...
Other than it being an add-on for sending email, I don't think it is similar in any way.

Top Bottom