XF 1.5 Email Errors

Pixel Squad Ltd

This morning, my server error logs shows the same error, multiple times. I am not sure what the errors are, or why I am receiving them. Can someone tell how I can stop them and what they are? I have attached screenshots and a copy of the error.

server error log.webp

The error occurred on 3 different email addresses, so I am assuming the error isn't with the email address.

Here is the information provide for the top error, as it appears on the screenshot above:
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to [EMAIL ADDRESS] (after retry): 4.7.0 Try again later, closing connection. (MAIL) p144sm12175863wme.23 - gsmtp - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 9:18 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(261): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(250, 300)
#1 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(224): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->mail('mailer+1f852184...')
#2 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(91): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999978542328)
#6 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#7 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/crimecoa/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://www.crimecoastforums.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
   ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/forums/off-topic-discussions.101/"
   ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
   ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

This is for the 2nd from the top, as it appears on the screenshot:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: fwrite(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 9:18 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'fwrite(): SSL o...', '/home/crimecoa/...', 324, Array)
#1 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php(324): fwrite(Resource id #70, 'QUIT\r\n')
#2 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(385): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send('QUIT')
#3 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(183): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->quit()
#4 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(87): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->resetConnection()
#5 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999978542328)
#6 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#7 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/crimecoa/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://www.crimecoastforums.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
   ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/forums/off-topic-discussions.101/"
   ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
   ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

The other errors appear to be the same, so I have left the full error details off. If you would like me to add show them, just let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Carl

Last edited:
There might be another message from the SMTP server that gives more details, though unfortunately that's difficult to get access to. This might be indicative that your SMTP server is rejecting the message, possibly because you're trying to send too much mail or they want you to take steps to validate the account (these would both fit with using Gmail to send mail).

Unfortunately there isn't an explicit "fix" since it's the SMTP server itself that's rejecting the message/causing an error. This may mean that using a different SMTP server is the best option (if Google isn't happy with the outgoing mail, for example).

Top Bottom