Fixed  Email error when board title contains a colon (:)

erich37

when the system sends out a notification to the user (e.g. notification about an answer in his Private Conversations), then the sender-E-Mail address looks weird.

The sender-E-Mail-adress (the e-mail which is being sent by the system) is splitted into 3 parts and also contains parts of my Forum-Title.

Is there anywhere a setting in ACP at which I need to set an e-mail like "noreply@domain.com" or something ?

Please help urgently.

The email settings are configured in ACP -> Options -> Email Options

Can you post (or PM) how an email looks and your ACP settings.

After a bit (well, a lot :D) of discussion via PM and chatting to Mike, it would appear this is a bug in the Zend Framework related to colons ( : ) in the board title/sender name.

I'll move this to bug reports.

the Sender-name of the E-Mail being send out should not be the same as the Forum-Title.
Could you guys please change this ?

the Sender-name of the E-Mail being send out should not be the same as the Forum-Title.
What would you want it changing to?

It's standard to have the sender name as the board name.

who cares about VB standards ?

what we need is flexibility......and a longer board-title (which I need to have) is making the sender-name looking crappy.

Beta 5 now has the ability to set your board name and email sender name separately.

email_sender_name-png.7407

Top Bottom