Email Customizer [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Email Customizer - Customize style of XenForo's HTML email messages

This add-on allows you to customize XenForo's HTML email messages.

With this add-on you can:
- Customize email layout. Add-on comes with editor that makes it easy to change colors, style or even HTML code of any part of email message. There is additional option for adding your logo without editing HTML code.
- Customize elements of email that are otherwise hardcoded: bbcode, avatars.
- Add-on can match email layout to any XenForo style you have installed on your forum.
- You can export...

Read more about this resource...

This add-on has been released earlier here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-customizer-deleted.112860/

I was asked by XenForo staff to relist add-on as commercial. Add-ons here can be ether commercial or free, hybrid licenses aren't allowed.

Email customizer add-on was released with unique license, that as far as I know was never used by any other add-on author: trial version could be downloaded in xenforo.com resource manager, if admin decides to use add-on he must purchase commercial version from my website.

Trial version of add-on was available only here, on xenforo.com resource manager. This served double purpose:

1. Posting it only on xenforo.com prevented unlicensed XenForo customers from downloading it, forcing unlicensed users to ether purchase it or seek add-on elsewhere.

2. Anyone could download, comment, rate add-on, making add-on thread more alive than average commercial add-on. Which served as advertising for potential commercial customers.

I wouldn't post trial version anywhere other than here, so if I can't post it here, license had to change. This was unfortunate and many customers might be upset. I apologize, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Due to forced license change, new versions is strictly commercial. Changing old resource to commercial was not possible, so new one had to be created.

Customers using trial version can use latest trial version indefinitely. Latest version is stable, it should work fine with future versions of XenForo without any issues. If minor compatibility issues will arise in any future XenForo updates, I'll post instructions on how fix them. Most likely there won't be any changes until XenForo 2 that affect add-on. If you want to get rid of trial notice in admin panel, edit admin templates email_customizer_edit and email_customizer_index (its on one of first lines, you'll see where to edit. remove entire line).

Last edited:
Arty updated Email Customizer with a new update entry:

Improvements for live preview in editor, ability to use avatars from other domain.

Version 1.1.0 is available.

Changes:

Read the rest of this update entry...

In editor in palette change header background color.

However it might be a background image. Then in editor navigate to: common elements -> header -> header row style. It will show you full style of that block.

In editor in palette change header background color.

However it might be a background image. Then in editor navigate to: common elements -> header -> header row style. It will show you full style of that block.

Header background color shows a different color ---- No background image listed in that block

padding: 5px 10px;
border-bottom: 1px solid @headerBackgroundColor;
line-height: 1.231;
font-weight: bold;
font-family: @fontFamily;
border: 1px solid @secondaryMedium;
border-bottom-style: none;
font-size: 15px;
box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0px 0px #678297;
background: #4d5b66;
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #4d5b66 0%,#253644 100%);
background-color: @headerBackgroundColor;
color: @headerLinkColor;
border-top-left-radius: 3px;
border-top-right-radius: 3px;

I installed on a second site with the exact same style -- see the difference?
Untitled1.webp

Here is the code -- its the same on both sites

padding: 5px 10px;
border-bottom: 1px solid @headerBackgroundColor;
line-height: 1.231;
font-weight: bold;
font-family: @fontFamily;
border: 1px solid @secondaryMedium;
border-bottom-style: none;
font-size: 15px;
box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0px 0px #678297;
background-color: @headerBackgroundColor;
color: @headerLinkColor;
border-top-left-radius: 3px;
border-top-right-radius: 3px;

You have some tricky setup with multiple background rules overriding each other. If you want to get rid of gradient, remove these 2 lines
Code:
If you want to keep gradient, replace those 2 lines with this
Code:
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, @headerBackgroundColor 0%,#253644 100%);

I guess yellow comes from header background color in palette. Change its value to 4d5b66

Strange. I don't see yellow anywhere in that code. Can you export that email style and send me xml file? I'll debug it to see what's going on.

edit: solved.

Last edited:
Just upgraded yesterday to 1.1. Sent out an email and it had none of the styling it had in the preview. It was working fine with 1.0.2

Yes it is in the preview also. However the email that went out yesterday did not have the styling. I will forward what was sent yesterday to you.

Top Bottom