XF 1.5 Email: Connection Refused

Pixel Squad Ltd

I am trying to use my Google Apps email to send my confirmation emails, unfortunately, after going through the settings over and over again. I keep getting this same error

Email to [EMAIL ADDRESS] failed: Connection refused

When I click on the error, this is what comes up.

Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to [EMAIL ADDRESS] failed: Connection refused - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://smtp.gmai...')
#1 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(216): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(241): XenForo_Mail->send('[EMAIL ADDRESS]', '[USERNAME]')
#7 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/LostPassword.php(84): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendPasswordResetRequest(Array)
#8 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_LostPassword->actionLost()
#9 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/crimecoastforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://crimecoastforums.com/lost-password/lost"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["username_email"] => string(18) "[EMAIL ADDRESS"
["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(932) "03AHJ_Vut7ZZqXOdKgwHm0oh7PRTRGRzJEyuulxw1ke6y2HRqZj4BklWLgu1bOgDgx9Hhyl246qbQtM6GEa93uw9lbIj2mVvEfNgZVdCePLbleQQLrCzjUFKssZgJCR8kvH1NSAv_mtQe-AYKggLg8ajZct9ZKuBsfcS5fI4MSFpF2jMgYCAl3qN1OK2HNWL_d8Ns6iXy0-yN3vG_I8KnuQU7u535SwXMlyMBKy95ak2yj6ODP7V16F6vXju0JT2xkoJ0pOJO5XtgR2wky1bX26Rmk-mfMD5oC-0eE_mB9jImz9s_M4Nj0XtUX5LhMn9TrWWN8GEbV-uTYGczzQNMDFqSV_iFI17k50VSg4dKaGthPfpUr5FGuwhTpa-xMj226kC22CRfzQTEhpn4y8mUGGZhrcCZ-of3ds4-3TPAvm6aYd7GWN9-t2_O7N3m4-8l1fr4m4Fezl36hEqyvXkIBV4m6D5uPBDgvb2FAx8rfkWKkvVXg4HI-W6dXgYhvtr2_hZWsb8orA7OFdakS05qldaCfpNZYFIvSrHYFzjGoZDuyYEwuKhedeDbYJdBWPCLZrAl9mcGi_dxNg7IFcX9JLY1qMCgGO6uBqWp8DI3nIX7s_1XYq2wv0n06cKu6MQpkU9py3v_hzcC1TVN_9bJkQICkdajwDcEsRInaEUHl2RVStxHhA3GCOpk2-HKHsusNar6_dvgeDjZnIqjUPgNRl_nfjgXcMnqOOn_GpRXUMl7lUlz8Qxp6bGxfD8n26DHJpg15RNWMWe7j8YJXSzZ4pVg1GRuzYRKxIXwWGYWOThg7BphZ32KaIwEsKl7pZzrl_acqP-hADy4SKKzO7aHtPqKD1I5MgSsaT4VdOSgIdORdbI0eIsIJ0YWqrYULn1bQ6dman2iprVAfwdPkIGeOGF1LcyAf5D--HA"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

This is indicating that the connection to your SMTP server failed. Specifically, it was blocked. This might be an outgoing firewall blocking your request. If you're 100% sure that you entered the right SMTP details, then you may want to check with your host to see if they're blocking connections.

Usually your web host, but can you screenshot your email configuration in XF? (You can hide the username and password part.)

You previously mentioned that SMTP relaying was blocked on your hosting. Is that not the case?

Based on your use of smtp-relay.gmail.com, have you entered your server's IP as an allowed sender? There are a few options you can use here. If you want to use the SMTP relay, there are other steps you need to take. See https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en for more details.

Top Bottom