XF 1.4 Email Bounce: Skipped (untrusted) issue

kacemrostom

even after installing the last version of Xenforo 1.4.0, and configuring it with Imap&Pop3 to detect bounced emails, i still have this issue of not doing anything regarding these bounced emails! (for all detected emails, it keeps saying (untrusted) Skipping!
should i expect the deleting of emails or showing a message for my users to alert them to change theirs emails? or i really have an issue with this new feature; thanks :)
Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 4.06.42 PM.webp

Can you please attach (or send direct to me) a copy of one of the original emails? Have you enabled the VERP option?

Untrusted means that we couldn't verify that it was from an email that was generated by your XenForo install, so we don't take an action.

Thanks Mike, it worked now, i had some gegas of bounced emails in that email (from Vbulletin) i had to clear it out, now it's working like a charm,
one more question, when a user is marked as bounced mail user, when i send him an email the next time, is Xenforo going automatically to skip it ? can y give me the phrase used when the user has non-vlaid email ( notification)? thanks

Hi

XF1.5.24

I have the same issue. I am sending my emails over Amazon SES services. I get now in the bounce email log a lot of "Skipped (Untrusted)" emails. How can I set all these with one click on bounced emails?

Xenforo_bounce_log_skipped_untrusted.jpg

P.S.: The "VERP" Option is enabled in ACP.

I did not find it in the db under skipped, but with the search term "untrusted". See screenshot:

screenshot_db_skipped_untrusted_status_code.webp

What does the 4.4.7 and 5.1.1 mean in the column "status quo"?

What does the 4.4.7 and 5.1.1 mean in the column "status quo"?

I found it. These are official error codes for email bounces:

Error 5.1.1:

Bad email address. This error is similar to error 510 and as with error 510, this status code is generated by the sender’s local mail server.
If the email was addressed internally, then it means that the addressee, as written in the email’s TO, CC, or BCC fields, does not exist in your organization’s email system.
If the email was addressed externally, then the recipient’s email address was misspelt.

Error 4.4.7:

Your outgoing message timed out because of problems with the receiving server who objected to your message. Typically there is a problem with the message header (such as too many recipients, in most cases, or a protocol timeout between the two servers).

Error 4.3.0 = 4.2.2

The recipient’s mailbox is over its storage limit

More codes I found in my db:

5.3.0 = either email address does not exist or you are blacklisted :(
5.2.0 = no such mailbox
5.7.0 = banned mail-content

So now we need "only" an SQL command which searches in that table "xf_email_bounce_log" in the row for "status_code" for "5.1.1", look for the email adress (="recipient") in that line and copy that in a comma-seperated line of email addresses.

With another SQL-command take that comma-separated email addresses, look in table "xf_user" for those emails addresses and change in the row "user_state" this field to "email_bounce".

Unfortunately, I have no clou about MySQl. Anybody knows how to express this in SQL-code?

Top Bottom