XF 1.3 Elasticsearch + Locked DB Strange Errors

Wesker

Please note one of the well known custom development 3rd party teams at xenForo have requested we post a ticket here as they are stuck on this issue.

Earlier today, we had an issue with a disk drive reaching it's max causing the server to go briefly down before we truncated the DB disk drive.

Since the server has been restored, everything appears to be running fine except the server error log is going crazy with errors.

Error 1: Elasticsearch

Elasticsearch is installed and appears to be running

ES running
[root@server config]# curl http://127.0.0.1:9200
{
"status" : 200,
"name" : "Arclight",
"cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
"version" : {
"number" : "1.4.5",
"build_hash" : "2aaf797f2a571dcb779a3b61180afe8390ab61f9",
"build_timestamp" : "2015-04-27T08:06:06Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "4.10.4"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

However it's being bombarded with pages and pages of errors

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch server returned no response. Is it running? Elasticsearch indexing failed - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:833

After this 3rd party team reviewed the

Error 2: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

The next issue is the db is being bombarded with the same sql issues over and over. They have informed me the server looks fine.

[2016-04-07 14:49:26,269][DEBUG][action.index ] [Arclight] observer: timeout notification from cluster service. timeout setting [1m], time since start [1m]

Also note I'm still use 1.3 (will upgrade to 1.5) once one more mod has been fixed to support 1.5.

I have to ask fully as the other development company fixed it but elasticsearch was the primary cause of alot of the issues. Had to completely uninstall, add it back, reconfigure it.

Top Bottom