Add-on ElasticSearch Essentials

Let's not derail this thread but I can't guarantee that's the order of events that will be followed. XenReviews = > 100,000 lines of code. This = < 1,000 lines of code (most of which I adapted from other non-XenForo projects).

I've been using ElasticSearch in other environments for over a year now. I've fiddled with autocompletion stuff, word/phrase suggestions, synonym support, etc for my "real"/"day" job. I just decided these things were very nice and there seems to be a lot of demand so I took an hour or two (To demonstrate, I acknowledged that @MattW had installed ES at 1:42, by 2:10 I had messaged him with a link to see the suggestion part included) to distract myself from larger projects to see if I could plug it into XenForo. That's also why despite great suggestions made from people I've let beta test, I haven't included much complexity (such as whitelisting words for the suggestions, getting synonyms to work, or really focused much time on improving the results of the suggestions).

Reactions: Xon
I posted inviting people to message me if they wanted to beta test it. Look a few posts back ;). That said, I already have a few so you're a little late but I'll possibly release it tomorrow. Wish someone could give me a suggestion on a price point for it :(

I went a little higher than originally planned ($30). I see a lot of potential for this add-on, especially if this gets implemented.
I'm really not happy with how I ended up extending XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch::executeSearch(). It works, and enables providing dynamic content type weighting. But what an ugly hack.

I'm really not happy with how I ended up extending XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch::executeSearch(). It works, and enables providing dynamic content type weighting. But what an ugly hack.

I assume as bad as extending the avatar generation (sizes & quality). Our suggestion for that is buried anywhere deep in the suggestions area since years. Hope you are more successful.

Reactions: Xon
Overwriting the entire function? lol

Top Bottom