• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Egyptian Red (Dark Theme)

Salty

This style is merely a gift for Emperor Brogan and our supreme Overlords Kier, Mike, and Ashley. I had to make a wordpress and magento theme look like each other so I thought, what the hell, lets do it on Xenforo too.

Live Demo: http://forum.egyptianred.com

edits that you should be aware of:

• Style Properties > header (for top repeating banner)
  • Templates > Post (addthis.com widget was introduced and twit/face disabled. I like reddit)
  • Sidebar was completely removed, sorry bros.
  • Background, header strip, and logo images are remotely hosted. XML only in zip
egypt-red.webp

egypt-red-2.webp

egypt-red-3.webp

Attachments

Nice Dark Theme :)

I would see if you can change the editor colours to better match however, as the light does stand out a little too dramatically :)

Well done!

Nice Dark Theme :)

I would see if you can change the editor colours to better match however, as the light does stand out a little too dramatically :)

Well done!

I couldn't quite locate that box. If you can give me a heads up I'd like to do that real quick and re-upload.

I couldn't quite locate that box. If you can give me a heads up I'd like to do that real quick and re-upload.

Open up the template editor_ui.css and have a play in there :)

If you need any specific help, just ask :)

Just to add to Kim's post, you can also style some of it in Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Rich Text Editor Content :)

I'm really liking the speckled background, it gives a really interesting effect.

I just checked the zipfile. It just has the xml file to import the style, should there be other folders??

Ill be trying this out once you do your updates

Already updated

It just has the xml file to import the style, should there be other folders??

In the style properties the images are directly linked, so you don't have to do anything but import the style.

edits that you should be aware of:
  • Background, header strip, and logo images are remotely hosted. XML only in zip

Already updated

In the style properties the images are directly linked, so you don't have to do anything but import the style.
When you say directly linked, do you mean these graphics are loaded from your server? Sorry if i mis-interpreted that

Attachments

• newservers1.webp
    newservers1.webp
    177.2 KB · Views: 6
When you say directly linked, do you mean these graphics are loaded from your server? Sorry if i mis-interpreted that
You can, of course, download the files from Salty's server and put them on your own. This will protect you from any downtimes that may occur, though remotely hosting them will download them faster.

Salty, great job! I love this style.

You can, of course, download the files from Salty's server and put them on your own. This will protect you from any downtimes that may occur, though remotely hosting them will download them faster.

Salty, great job! I love this style.

Hi James,

Not sure how they can possibly be faster remotley then from the local server? But an interesting idea... not sure id go with it right now, very nice theme though

I was searching for dark theme for a while, and this seems to be best among the ones which are released so far. Great Work!

Top Bottom