1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Editting the Navbar and adding custom pages?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by borgqueenx, Oct 5, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

Hey there xenforo users! I decided to purchase xenforo today. After some trouble with paypal having a malfunction i got the transaction done later and my license was ready to go!
    After installing alot add-ons/widgets i do come across some things i cant yet quite figure out, so here we go.

Please take a look at my current site as my goal is to kind of replicate that site:
    www.cupcakethunder.eu

I would like to create new buttons to the navbar on top, and have it include custom pages. For example a advanced contact form, and a "About Us" page. Also a Facebook page.
    How would i implement this?

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

3. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

well that was a super fast and helpful reply! thank you very much :)

4. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

@Russ and everyone else: these plugins allow me to edit the navbar wich is great, but they require a link. How can i make a total new page on xenforo to link to?
    With fresh content i can decide by html or so?

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Applications -> Create New Page, there's a tab to include your own custom HTML (Page Options)

6. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

thanks alot, that's what i was looking for :)
    Is there a way to make the pages private though for selected user groups?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the Permissions link on the right hand side in the node tree.

From there you can set the user group permissions.

8. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

thanks Brogan!