Editor toolbar in Safari (iPhone/iPad/iPad mini)

CTXMedia

Is there any way to enable the editor toolbar in Apple mobile devices?

If not, will this change in a future XF update?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I only ask because I've bought an iPad Mini specifically for using XF forums on my lunch breaks during the week, and whilst I'm enjoying the full-size'ish keyboard (which should make it faster/easier to reply) - I do miss not being able to select smilies and apply formatting.

If you install Chrome, you can tell it to request the full site, which will give you the full editor.

I don't use Safari any more, as I have Chrome on all my devices, so everything is synced up.

This is not only a iOS Safari problem, but also a iOS Maxthon problem as well.
I'm on my Mini connected to my site right now and see the TinyMCE editor just fine and all the buttons work in Safari. (y)
Of course, I have TinyMCE Fix, TinyMCE Enhancements, Mobile Agent Tracer and Browser Detection installed. :p

I'm on my Mini connected to my site right now and see the TinyMCE editor just fine and all the buttons work in Safari. (y)
Of course, I have TinyMCE Fix, TinyMCE Enhancements, Mobile Agent Tracer and Browser Detection installed. :p

Interesting. I had a look at the TinyMCE Fix add-on - is it true you have to install the TMS to get the fix to work for mobile devices?

This is not only a iOS Safari problem, but also a iOS Maxthon problem as well.
That is Safari as well. All browsers (except for Opera Mini that is rendered on external servers instead of your device) on iOS use Safari engine. Apple doesn't allow other browsers on their devices. All those "browsers" are just different interfaces for Safari.
Interesting. I had a look at the TinyMCE Fix add-on - is it true you have to install the TMS to get the fix to work for mobile devices?
Yes

The is a great addon as I've mentioned to you elsewhere. It makes template editing much easier especially when it comes to upgrading to the latest version of Xenforo. Go on, give it a whirl, you won’t regret it.

If you want a solution only for you, just spoof your browser agent on your mobile device. On an iOS system, you an use for example the application called "KissMyAgent".

Top Bottom