Editor should show blinking cursor

erich37

when clicking Edit (in order to edit my own message), I would suggest that the Cursor is blinking within the editor. This would make it more understandable for the user that this pop-up-box is in fact a Editor which lets him change his text and styling of the message.

Currently, it looks like it would be a text, but it does not indicate to the user that he is able to change that text (at least in FireFox browser).

Or put a message somewhere like "you can now alter your message and style...." or something like that......
there should be some kind of indicator to the user that he recognizes he is able to change the text in the pop-up-window (Editor).

Upvote 1
It blinks if you click in the content window.

Wouldn't a user already know they were editing the message considering they would have to click on Edit to make the overlay appear?

it is about psychology and helping the user understand what he can do and what he is aiming to do. If there is no cursor blinking it looks a bit confusing.

try open your e-mail-program or Microsoft-Word and have a look if there is a cursor blinking......

also it seems that there is a bug in this editor, because I was clicking into my message text in order to edit the text, but it was not possible. Because there was no cursor blinking in order to change my text. This bug happened in FireFox browser.

Top Bottom