Editor margin shifts on phones

caliman

I noticed that on my iPhone that the editor message box is very narrow with wide margins when starting a new thread but the reply box is full screen.

Why does the new thread box have to be so narrow? The buttons stack poorly too.

image.webp image.webp

Last edited:
The quick reply area isn't using the standard form output, the new thread form is. The padding comes from how the form controls interact with labels. The form CSS would need to be modified if you wanted to change this.

Thanks for the info Mike. Is there a reason you can't use the standard form with both? It would make sense to be consistent. Would it be a serious trick to do so?

If you wanted to use the standard form for both, you'd need to be heavily changing the appearance of the quick reply, not the new thread form; quick reply is the one that doesn't use the standard approach as it's designed to look like posts.

Otherwise, if you want to remove the extra padding/gutters on the standard forms, you'd need to do that in the form CSS template (for specific responsive size views).

Thanks for info Mike. I'll look into this. I hope my issue is making sense from the phone perspective and slight updates for the phone would be considered.

Top Bottom