• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Editing template for specific member

Morgain

There is.

How can I show content to a specific member?
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} == x">
This content will show to member x
</xen:if>
Worth searching on member Brogan - check his signature for the Manual, FAQ etc.
I got this for you from his Conditionals section.

Matthew2D

Sorry, I said that wrong. What I mean is, I want to edit the profile for a specific member. It only applies for that member and it shows to everybody else.

Morgain

The profile is member_view template.
Use the conditional if you want only that member to see it.

There may be an
other way also to inherit the condition from the profile page but I think this will work.

Morgain

Agreed. I cannot imagine why information is not accessible to the member.
It can be useful to have a private note for the admin, even mods. But to display something to all members? Someone will tell the member concerned so what is the point?

Morgain

OK understood now.

The profile is member_view template. As I already said. That edits all profile pages.
member_view.css edits stuff like colours.,
Experiment with the css one at a time on the css page. It will show on a tab beside the main template.
Change one item to a totally unusual colour for your site if you're not sure what you're changing. ;) Then it will show up easily.

I suggest you post a new question in
Styling and Customization Questions

Ask how to use a conditional show selected colours on your own Profile page, but not on others.
That will avoid misunderstanding.
It may be useful to copy the member_view.css and make a duplicate perhaps member_view_me.css
Then you could bracket the whole of the content area in a conditional which works this css.

I'm not quite able to do the conditional either, sorry but I can see it could be done.
The conditional might work off the title line at the top of member_view
to link to the alternate css if the user ID is yours. Something like that.