RM 1.1 Editing resource download

Mr Lucky

I have a resource with a free download file, but now need to replace the download file with a different one.

If I click on edit resource, I cannot se where I upload the new file to replace the old one.

Can anyone help please?

Then you don't have permission to post a resource update.

Check you have permissions to post resource updates, and also ensure you are the owner of the resource.

Then you don't have permission to post a resource update.

Check you have permissions to post resource updates, and also ensure you are the owner of the resource.

Well, I'm the administrator of the site so presumably I should be able to edit whatever I want. e.g. if I edit someones post I can upload a file.

The only thing an Administrator can do is access the Admin CP. It just so happens that administrators often have other permissions assigned to them effectively giving them full control, yet, at the same time, it is possible to create an Administrator that only has access to change Users in the Admin CP but doesn't give them any extra permissions on the forum.

So no, you can't edit whatever you want.

In terms of the RM, only the resource owner can post a resource update. Whether you can edit someone's post or not has nothing to do with it, that's a completely separate permission for a different purpose. If you are not the owner/author of the resource either they will need to post the update, or you will need to reassign the resource to you before you can do it yourself.

Top Bottom