Editing Prefixes

Morgain

I have a default prefix on each Category to help visually identify it.
Moving nodes around between 2 categories messed up the default prefixes.

Most of the threads which failed to get prefixes while things were in flux don't matter. But a few that were started in this period will be long runners so I'd like them to have the proper prefix.
I can't edit the prefix in Thread Tools so is the on ly option the dreaded database route?

Secondly how would I get a prefix with a lime green background (not one of the colours on offer on the displayed list ) using the blank css box?

I can't edit the prefix in Thread Tools so is the on ly option the dreaded database route?

Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 5.20.53 PM.webp

Secondly how would I get a prefix with a lime green background (not one of the colours on offer on the displayed list ) using the blank css box?

When editing the prefix, specify a custom class name:

Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 5.22.22 PM.webp

Then define the class in:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Code:
.prefixLime
{
	color: black;
	background-color: #BFFF00;
	border-color: #BFFF00;
}

Luis thank you so much. Have plodded through and got them all to show. It really helps identify which sector athread comes from in the Whats New/ Recent lists which is what my members constantly use to check in.

prefix list.webp

It also shows in the thread page title which again helps people orient to where they are
especially as the same coloured boxes appear in my side menu on every page.
Prefix in title.webp

I do like to know where I am!

OK my clever mentors ... any chance of making a Prefix appear in a template next to a description of its Category?
So I can make a mini menu in a template like this:

prefix menu.webp

This is a completely new template of my own.

Greeting All,

Anyone know where to fix background color and CSS block in this screen ?

index.webp

Found those line in inline_mod.css

Code:
.inlineCtrlGroup
{
    background: rgb(150,150,150) url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/thread-modctrls-30px-dark.png') repeat-x top;
    color: white;
    font-size: 11px;
}

tried to change background-color:black for ex, nothing happens

Thank you

Nicolas

Top Bottom