Editing posts in thread

Vossi

I dont know if this has been mentioned alreday, but what i dont like is the fact that people can edit their posts after quite a while but it doesnt get marked within that post at all. This means that people have the chance to claim about manipulations within discussions as people chance theit posts over and over again without it getting marked within the post itself.

As long as moderators can access post revisions and see "last edited" information, I personally don't think it's a big deal if the rest of the forum membership can't see it. Actually, I think it just adds unnecessary information to the post-area.

Edited dates are useful in keeping track of certain posts to check to see if they were updated recently. History would obviously be moderator-viewable via permissions, but there has definitely been more than one occasion where I check a post's last edit time to make sure time sensitive information is up to date.

Edited dates are useful in keeping track of certain posts to check to see if they were updated recently. History would obviously be moderator-viewable via permissions, but there has definitely been more than one occasion where I check a post's last edit time to make sure time sensitive information is up to date.
Thats exactly the point. Thx.

My preference for edit time stamps would be that if a new post has been made since your edit then it should have a stamp, otherwise I can see it causing a lot of confusion if somebody can change a post from earlier in the conversation without it being shown.

Why do you think that ?
HINT: Did I just solve your problem ?

I agree with this as a reader and a poster. Sometime I write a post and need to go back a and clarify or change something and the edit history shows a reader to review it. As a reader, it's much easier to see I need to reread a post if it's got edit history.

I agree with this as a reader and a poster. Sometime I write a post and need to go back a and clarify or change something and the edit history shows a reader to review it. As a reader, it's much easier to see I need to reread a post if it's got edit history.

Time Limit for Editing/Deleting Posts

There is now a permission that allows you to specify a time limit for editing or deleting posts (in minutes). To maintain backwards compatibility, this defaults to unlimited in all upgrades. source

Top Bottom