editing of post title

most often members, after submitting members
change the thread title to make it thread more clearer/concise...

maybe next version have an option/permissions
for users if they can edit the thread title.

any reason why its not implemented here on xf?

This feature is most essential, some tend to make typos or such in titles and they notice it immediately after posting the discussion...

There should be an option:
a) members can't edit titles at all
b) members can edit titles but only for xx minutes after the discussion has been created
c) members can edit titles indefinitely

Maybe even make this feature available in the permission sets.

Hopefully we'll see this asap.

This feature is most essential, some tend to make typos or such in titles and they notice it immediately after posting the discussion...

b) members can edit titles but only for xx minutes after the discussion has been created

I would leave that up to moderators and admins only.... personal preference.

I would leave that up to moderators and admins only.... personal preference.
Agreed. With the furl structure, it would be a bit confusing to have links around the internet to a thread, and then change the name of the thread. Of course having a time limit to edit thread titles would address that. Without furls, there is a total disconnect. Definitely something that would be handled differently on a per forum basis.

Agreed. With the furl structure, it would be a bit confusing to have links around the internet to a thread, and then change the name of the thread. Of course having a time limit to edit thread titles would address that. Without furls, there is a total disconnect. Definitely something that would be handled differently on a per forum basis.

True, but as a forum owner, I would prefer to have the choice, as opposed to being forced into this decision. It is my understanding links will still work based on the thread id, even if the name is changed.

True, but as a forum owner, I would prefer to have the choice, as opposed to being forced into this decision. It is my understanding links will still work based on the thread id, even if the name is changed.

wholeheartedly agree... forum owner decision. It is not my decision however, as I review and make changes as I see fit...

Yes, having that settable by the admin would be preferable. Just wanted to point out some of the things involved.

Option B is the best option.
I think this missing feature in xenforo should be on the priority list.

A lot of sites have constantly updating values in the thread titles, for example addon version numbers and last update dates could be displayed in thread titles.

I consider this a major deficiency in vBulletin sites that have it disabled and in all XenForo sites.

One way of addressing constant URL changes, would be to flag the thread after x changes within x days, causing it to use just the thread ID in the URL.

Top Bottom