Not a bug Editing messages in XF 1.5.8 shows BB codes instead of applying rich text formatting

Aivaras

I have some custom BB codes that used to stay in background while directly applying formatting to the text in messages. Say, an [H1][/H2] pair of tags would format text as a heading while hiding the tags themselves. This would work both when creating a message and when editing it.

After updating from version 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 I noticed that the formatting is no longer applied to the text in the edit mode, instead one sees plain text with BB code tags in it. The direct formatting in the edit mode still works though when creating messages.

What's the possible cause of this change of behavior? Does the problem lie in XF, or should I fix things on my side?

Custom BB code is always shown as the raw BB code in the rich text editor. If this is something that showed formatted previously, it must have been down to customization you made.

Those are custom BB codes implemented via an add-on so yes there is customization involved.

Were there explicit changes made in 1.5.8 that affect how BB codes are rendered in rich text editor's edit mode?

There was a change involving custom BB code registration. Previously, custom BB codes were never registered in the Wyiswyg parser.

Top Bottom